Do it again.

I woke up. The side of the bed where Lydia slept was empty. I supposed that she went home, but not for so long ago, I could still smell the scent of her perfume. I got out of bed and went down the stairs. Dad wasn't home as usual. I opened the fridge but closed it just as quickly. I had no appetite, I just felt an extreme urge to smoke. I've been smoking a lot lately, I don't know why but it's making me calm, it's like everything around you disappears and there's only you. Just you and a cigarette. I walked back up and went out to the balcony and lit a cigarette. I closed my eyes and let the cigarette do its job.

I got interrupted by the phone in the kitchen rang. I ran down the stairs and rushed into the kitchen. I picked up the phone and answered just in time.

"Hello" I said.

"Hey Stiles!" It was dad.

"Listen, I got caught up in work so I won't be able come home until very late tonight. Do you think you can be by yourself for a couple of hours?" He said.

"Yeah of course" I answered.

"Good. There's lasagna in freeze, just heat it in the oven when you are hungry."

"Got it." I said.

"Is it okay then?" Dad asked.

"Yes don't worry. I'll see you tomorrow." I said.

"Okay, bye son." He replied.

"Bye." I said and hung up the phone.

This wasn't new to me. Dad are always working so I don't really understand why he keeps worrying about it. I hear it almost everyday, "I need to work" or "they need me at the office".

I walked in to the bathroom and looked into the mirror.

"Shit" I whispered.

My eye was blue, yellow and violet. It clearly didn't look good, Lydia's punch gave me a real bruise. What will everyone else say now? What will dad say? This is my first black eye. I've never been into a fight or something like that, I basically just avoiding fights at school. I washed my face and dried it with a damp towel. Suddenly I heard a knock on the door. I went out into the hall and opened, it was Scott.

"Hey bud-" he stopped talking.

"What the hell have you done?" He said. He sounded very shocked.

"Long history" I said.

"Well you have to tell me that long story."

"Come in" I said and walked to the kitchen.

He sat on a chair next to the kitchen table and looked at me.

"Bring it on" he said.

"I walked to the park to met up with Lydia. And..."

"And?" Scott asked.

"She hit me."

"Right in the face?" Scott said.

"Right in the face." I replied.

Scott started to laugh.

"I know you where going to laugh!" I said while laughing myself.

"I'm sorry. It's just, I imagined your face while getting beaten up by a girl" he said.

"I didn't get beaten up!" I smiled.

Scott smiled too and then he got back to his serious face.

"So you two broke up?" He asked.

"No, we sorted it out. She slept here over the night." I said.

"Oh, that's good!" He smiled.

"Yeah" I replied.