•| ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴇᴘʟᴀᴄᴇᴍᴇɴᴛ |•

"You'll sit on the Mandap in place of Riddhi!"

Tarini announced taking her attention as her eyes became widened.

"Maa, what are you saying?"

"None will be able to know and the marriage will happen smoothly!"

"What? How can you say it?"

"Shadi tutna ashubh hota hai aur main nehi chahti us ladki ki wajah se hamare ghar mein burai ka saya bhi padhe! Bahar bohot log hai, Main nehi chahti ki hamare khandan ki beizzati ho sabke samne! Isiliye ye shadi to hoke hi rahegi" (It's a sin to break the marriage on your marriage day and I don't want all of you to suffer because of that girl. There are lots of people outside and I don't want them to insult Bhargav family. So, it's important to let this marriage happen)

Ruhani was shocked hearing her mother's words. How could she say something like this.

"Ye dhoka hai Maa. Main nehi kar sakti aisa unke sath. Jiju Di se bohot pyar karte hai. Main aisa nehi kar sakti. Main unhe dhoka nehi de sakti!" (It's cheating. I can't do this to him. Jiju loves Di. I can't betray him)

"We will let everyone know everything after the marriage but right now, the marriage is important"

Tarini started arranging her veil.

"I'll never do this, Maa! I'll go and say everything to everyone right now. Then Jiju will find Di!"

Saying this, Ruhani started going to open the door when Tarini stopped her.

"If you go outside, then you'll see my death!"

She gasped hearing her mother's words as she couldn't believe what she just heard.

"Maa please don't do this, please!"

She begged with her tear filled orbs but her mother was seeming emotionless that time.

"I've told my decision. Now you decide what you'll do"

Ruhani felt in dilemma as she couldn't understand what to do. She closed her eyes being defeated, then nodded her head emotionlessly.

Her mother took the veil and covered her properly not wanting to get caught before the marriage. Then holding her they came downstairs.

~◉~

Agastya who was getting impatient from long came to see his would be wife was coming from the stairs with a long red veil.