Chapter 05: The New World

Whilst Dumbledore was deep in thoughts, the founders were silent to give him time. While they knew the exact moment when Dumbledore reached a decision, through observing his body language and gestures, they remained silent. Dumbledore would have to begin this time. "Thank you for sharing this with me," the headmaster said finally. "After your explanation I can understand your hesitation in sharing the entire story with me; and I am really grateful to you that you decided to trust me with something so vital. I have read something about Alternate Universes at some point in time; I did not go deep into the subject. I will be willing to help you with your research on the subject.

"From what little I remember about Alternate Realities is that these two realities were one, at some point in time. Then at a crucial moment, these two realities split and continued differently from there. So I think that we need to find that crucial point at which our realities split, so that I can update you on the events that took place after that point. Please do correct me if I am wrong here." Dumbledore paused to get the input of the four visitors.

"That is the essence of the Alternate Realities, Headmaster and I agree that it is important to find that crucial point. Perhaps we should start at some more recent events, as both of our realities have Lord Voldemort. In our reality before the rise of Lord Voldemort there was another Dark Lord that was defeated by you. His name was Grindelwald, and he was defeated in nineteen forty five by you. Does that sound familiar to you?" Salazar replied.

"That event seems consistent, after nineteen forty five there were about twenty-five years of relative peace. In nineteen seventy, trouble seemed to have begun underground. There were movements in the dark communities but there was no harm done to the society in general. However, in late seventy-six, there was a major attack on the Diagon Alley and Lord Voldemort declared himself as a Dark Lord. His followers were all masked people so it was difficult to recognise them." Dumbledore explained with a faraway look as he relived the terror of those years.

"This went on for about four years; however the frequency and magnitude of the attacks had decreased. One night in middle of May in nineteen eighty, I was interviewing a lady for the post of Divination, when she recited a prophecy to me." Dumbledore paused to get the visitor's input.

"The events seem consistent till now. As we said earlier, the prophecy referred to a boy who will be born in the end of July and will have the power to defeat the Dark Lord. Is that what the prophecy said in this dimension?" Godric spoke for the first time.

"No, the prophecy was very different in this dimension," After saying so, Dumbledore stood up and took out his Pensieve from the cupboard and deposited the memory of the prophecy in the Pensieve. He then gestured the founders to follow him in the Pensieve to witness the prophecy.

As they went in the Pensieve, they landed in one of the rooms that they recognised to be of Hogshead. Professor Trelawney and professor Dumbledore were seated on the table and Professor Dumbledore was just getting up to leave. That was when Professor Trelawney suddenly spoke in a loud, harsh voice "THEY WILL BE BORN"

Professor Trelawney had gone stiff in her chair; her eyes were out-of-focus and her mouth drooping.

"Four will reunite to create the power to destroy the dark lord

Two born in this year, one is already here and one will join them next year,

Together they will complete the quadrant.

The phoenix, the lion, the otter, and the horse will reunite

The phoenix will be marked and would repeat a victory