Chapter 24: The War

As Albus came out of his Pensieve, he briefly remembered how everyone had gone to the potions lab down in the Slytherin chambers. Salazar had informed them that the wards did not need too much attention and hence he had been able to retrieve the Horcrux.

They all watched as the Horcrux was dropped into the potion and heard a terrible scream as the part of the soul inside moved on along with other parts.

Now was the time to wait for the war to begin.

Albus had tried to contact the Ministry of Magic to inform them of the upcoming war, but had not been able to get through. A few moments later he had received a Patronus message from Amelia, informing them that everyone in the Ministry had been trapped inside the building by some sort of curse. Experts were trying to find a way around it but so far all they could find was that there was no way to communicate with the outside world (except Patronus messages) and the curse had a time limit on. Hence they can only leave the building once the time limit was up, or if the person who cursed the building decided to take it off.

This made the war seem more real to everyone, and hence despite of the Founder's reassurance that no assistance was required; Albus had called all remaining members of the Order of the Phoenix and the residents of Hogsmead village to have some back up.

However, not all members of the Order were lucky enough to come in, as Voldemort had cast a similar curse on Hogwarts to ensure that no one inside the school could escape.

After ensuring that all the students were safely inside the common rooms, the teachers and the members of the order of the phoenix had assembled in the great hall.

"Thank you Headmaster. Thank you for your thought to help us in this battle to defend Hogwarts; and also for asking your friends to come and join us for this. A very warm welcome to Hogwarts. I am glad that there are members of this community who are willing to help guard this castle if necessary. However, today, it will not be needed. But you are welcome to watch." Salazar addressed the assembled crowd.

However before anyone could say anything, Sirius Black shocked everyone.

"I don't understand, do you mean to say that you don't want us to help in this war? But we can't let you go in this war alone!"

Almost everyone who didn't know the truth of the dimension travellers was shocked to see Sirius so concerned about Salazar Slytherin. On the other hand there was a soft smile on the people who knew the truth.

Even Salazar gave a small smile to Sirius before replying

"Thank you Professor Black, for your support. But, as we mentioned earlier, as long as the four of us are within Hogwarts; no harm can befall the school."

"Professor Black do not worry at all, this war is nothing for us. As long as we have Sal on our side, nothing can ever happen to Hogwarts. Sal is the Lord of this Land; and as the lord of land, he can do things we cannot even imagine." Godric assured everyone.

Most of the order members who had not met the founders before were shocked to see the relationship and trust between the two supposed rivals.

"I agree with Ric. Sal, I think we should check the surrounding area." Smiled Rowena

Salazar nodded in agreement before tapping a portrait. Instantly the portrait showed an area that was outside the boundaries of Hogsmeade. There was no activity there but they could see some movement in the distance.

"So they are trying to get inside our wards Sal." Helga assessed.

"It certainly seems so. I think it's time to activate the next set of wards Sal." Godric supplied