Chapter 15: Don't do that to us

"Hel, is he alright? Why is he not opening his eyes?"

Rowena could not help but ask this question after few hours had passed by and Salazar had yet to wake up.

History always portrayed Rowena Ravenclaw as a strict woman, whose only love was books and who would never let her hair loose. But that was far from reality. While Rowena did like her books and always put more emphasis on logic, she loved her friends to death and could not take it if any of them were hurt.

She could, of course, heal some minor wounds and brew some basic potions, but she was not an expert at healing magic or rituals. This was the reason that she was not sure how long it might take for Salazar to wake up. But she did remember the last time he had taken the curse upon himself and had collapsed; it only took him a couple of minutes to wake up. Although he had suffered with some after effects - he was weak for about a month and could not eat much. At that time he was physically exhausted from a battle and had taken the curse that was meant for Godric.

However, what worried her the most, was that as Hermione, she knew that Harry's body had never taken such a dark curse on itself and was worried if he would survive it and if so how much damage would he sustain. Her worries were growing by each passing moment and she felt as if she was losing Salazar again. And she was unable to do anything to help him.

On the other side Helga who was a healer in her own right was a novice when it came to ritualistic healing (Salazar had not taught her that!). Whilst she could assist Salazar and follow his orders she had no idea how things worked and when Salazar would open his eyes.

She knew how protective Rowena can get about her friends and can only imagine the distress and helplessness she might be feeling by her inability to help Salazar.

However the only reply she could give to Rowena's question was a very simple and short one: one that neither Rowena not Godric was going to like.

"I don't know Row, I don't know."

"What do you mean by that? You are supposed to be the healer here and you are telling us that you don't know when our friend would wake up? Can you at least tell us if he is alright?"

"Ric, I know how you are feeling but I am not an expert on the ritualistic healing and you know that. Till now I was only following Sal's instructions and he did not tell me anything more than that! And I cannot even cast the spell to know if he is alright or not! Because I remember Salazar telling me that casting such spells would be more harmful than anything. So, I don't know what to do Ric... I can only wait and see ... when he will wake up ... and he better wake up soon... or ... or I ... I will bring him back from the dead and hex every inch of him badly."

Helga's reply made Rowena and Godric wrap their arms around Helga to comfort her, as they knew how hard it must have been for her to see Salazar in this state.

Godric held Helga's shoulders and made her look at him.

"I am sorry for lashing out on you like that earlier"

"He will wake up soon won't he? I ... I swear I will listen to whatever he says and never threaten him or ... or fight with him but I can't lose him Ric, I ... I just can't lose him"
She hugged her brother and started weeping as the past memories of Salazar leaving her alone resurfaced in her mind; and every part of her was scared to face that again.