Chapter 20: It's Harry

Lily knew one thing, a person who was willing to give his life for another could not be a bad person regardless of what history says. So when James suggested that they sneak into Dumbledore's office and eavesdrop on the meeting between the young founders and the minister, she had agreed. She had a feeling that it was necessary for her to go to this meeting and thus, she had shocked the marauders when she readily agreed to go.

During the meeting she was happy to note that the young Salazar Slytherin had done all that he could to put the minister at ease and agreed to help in the war. After the meeting she was about to undo the invisibility charms on herself when she heard Dumbledore reminding the founders for a promised explanation. Her curiosity got better of her and she remained where she was and listened in to the conversation, eager to learn more about the founders.

As Lord Gryffindor started to speak, she could clearly see the hesitation in his voice and this is what intrigued her the most. And she was now really looking forward to learning a lot more about the mysterious Slytherin founder.

However the tale that followed was mind boggling. She could see how it might have affected people to think that Salazar Slytherin was a dark wizard; she felt extremely sad and ashamed that no one, not even his friends tried to find out the truth. She was ashamed that she was one the person who thought badly of him after joining the school and never bothered to look at the history books to know the person for what he really was. She was also shocked to know that young Salazar was so close to Merlin before the death of the older wizard and that it was Salazar who she had to thank for the creation of spells and potions as they were known today.

But as the story went on she realised that whilst Salazar might be the king now there is no way that all those events had happened in their short life and thus she wondered how these people knew the entire truth. And when they told about Salazar's death and the infamous split this doubt turned into an alarm. Salazar Slytherin was clearly very much alive! How could these people know about that! But Sirius beat her to asking that question and revealing themselves. So she quickly undid the charms on herself and looked at the stunned faces of the founders and Dumbledore.

Things went very fast after this and before she knew it, she was standing on the grounds of Hogwarts in Professor Dumbledore's memory, witnessing the arrival of the four individuals and following them to the Headmaster's office.

She had a very bad feeling during this entire time and try as she might she could not get rid of the uneasy feeling in her stomach telling her that something big and significant was going to be revealed that would change her life forever.

And she was right, just as she heard the young Salazar tell the headmaster his real name she heard someone cry out in denial. It took her a few moments to realise that the sound had come from her mouth, before she felt her feet give out and a pair of arms holding her in place and someone sitting down on the ground with her.

After that she listened to the conversation between the four individuals and the headmaster with horror. She could not get her head around the fact that the person she knew as young Salazar Slytherin, the person she wanted to avoid or was scared off was … was her … her son? Her baby that was killed by that demon who has no right to walk on the surface of the earth?

However all these thoughts went out of the window when she heard how that devil was after her child in this alternate universe as well (she had never heard of such a thing but never for a moment did she doubt that the four travellers were telling the truth).

She wiped her tears and slowly stood up as she heard how her baby was left alone in his world and then had defeated Voldemort.

She knew one thing, if her baby can defeat that devil once he can do it again (provided he was willing and she will not force him or allow anyone to force him if he is not willing to do that) and if he is going to do that then she will be there to fight with him and support him in any way possible.