chapter 2

All had been quiet in the Rosier mansion. That didnt mean that there was nothing for Anastasia to worry about. The health of her aunt was getting worse each day and they both knew the elderly witch did not have much longer to live and that broke Anastasias heart. As the two final heirs of the Rosier line shared a breakfast together they looked out over the blooming garden when a large obnoxious owl flew threw the open doors . Anna recognised the owl almost immediately , Dracos owl or rather the owl of the Malfoy family. It hadnt been a week until the first letter of Draco arrived, wondering if he and his mother could come over for some tea. Thea was enthusiastic right away and sent a reply per owl for them to come the very next day. Anna was a bit nervous to see the Malfoy woman again. Her husband and her gave her an odd feeling inside her belly, but it wasnt an unpleasant one either. Just, odd. The next day came around so fast , that Anna physically felt sick. Why she didnt understand that herself after all shes one of Dracos closest friends. Could it be his mother than had her so worried? A resounding knock echoed through the dark halls decorated with typical Slytherin colours. Anna smoothed the fabric of her tight dress before pulling open the door to greet the guests.

Draco howve you been ? Its been a just over a week since we last spoke and theres been no drama are you feeling alright? Anastasia laughed with Draco she didnt know what exactly it was when it came to Draco. She didnt have to keep the adult façade she was always known to show , for once she could feel like a child.

Mrs Malfoy its a pleasure to see you again of course come in , welcome to our home, can I get you some tea? Anna asked shyly ,every time she met the womans eyes a fire rose through her.

Narcissa Malfoy had never had to slow her twitching hands and she had to resist the urge to scoff at the name . Mrs Malfoy seemed like an insult coming from Annas precious lips. Narcissa wanted nothing more in this moment to show Anna exactly who she was and Anna would never think to call her by that name again. Instead the only name that princess will remember is mommy. Draco cleared his throat after noticing his mother staring blankly at Anna causing the girl to put her head down and shift her weight from foot to foot.

Mom Anna asked if you wanted tea? Draco questioned nudging his mother pulling her from her trance.

Darling Anna Im so sorry yes tea would be perfect thank you Narcissa replied , the last time she was this nervous was her first time with Lucius. Draco and his mother followed the youngest Rosier through to the large green and grey sitting room. Draco immediately of course is drawn to the jewelled chess game . The house-elves of the Rosiers came in and presented the tea and cakes .

Anna dear where is your aunt? She seemed so happy for us to come over in her letter that i had to stop young Draco packing a bag . Poor boy thought he was moving in for the rest of summer. Narcissa laughed a musical laugh but her laughing stopped as soon as she noticed the smile drop from the girls face . Inspecting her closer past the beautifully perfected make up , she could evidently see the black bags beneath the girls eyes.

Darling where is Thea? Narcissa questioned again a little more softly. Avoiding her narrowing gaze , Anna slowly shook her head unable to say the words. Draco had yet to take his eyes from the chess game . Instead Anna looked towards Draco and when he wasnt looking she beckoned her head to the door. Anna walked Narcissa in silence up the stairs and to her Aunts room . Anastasias sniffles being the only sound to be heard . Narcissa knew storys of Annas aunt as her aunt and Narcissas mother were in the same year and house during their school days. Narcissas mother having died protecting Bellatrix from her crimes . Anna opened her Aunts door and Cissa had to hold the wall to keep herself from falling to the floor. Amalthea Rosier , once a force to be reckoned with , who once was strong and bold. The woman whose tongue was capable of such a lashing the dark lord himself would tremble. Now was frail and fragile looking . When Amalthea set her eyes upon Narcissa she patted the bed beside her. Narcissa instantly went to the womans bedside but not before turning to Anna.