The Second Chance

It was two months since Oscar was brought to the hospital. Thankfully, he didn't press charges against Jane and the funny part is they remained friends.

Richard, Oscar and Jamaica were on their way to enroll for medicine proper. 

Mara's phone rang, "Hello?"

"Mara, are you with Jane? Let's hang out after our enrollment", Richard said invitingly.

"We're also still enrolling but we're almost done. Who's with you and where are you?" Mara replied.

"I'm with Oscar and Jamaica. You can come over if you'd like. We're at Vanguardia Medical School Foundation."

"I'll ask Jane if she's comfortable going there. I mean you know. Have you seen Janella there today? Have you heard from her, or any of her friends?"

"I've been in touch with Julia," Richard replied. "I think they're enrolling today too but I see no sign of them as of today."

"Ok, I'll ask Jane if she's comfortable going there. If not, maybe we can just at the usual hangout?"

"No problem. Just update us."

**********

"Hey Mara, Hi Jane!" Oscar greeted them. He was the first to see them enter the medical school campus.

Mara and Jane were looking around in awe of the huge Caduceus situated in the middle of campus and the hospital of Vanguardia Medical School Foundation.

"Hey!" Oscar shouted. "You didn't seem to hear me".

"That Caduceus statue looks scary." Jane responded.

"That's not scary. What's scary is what you did to me two months ago," Oscar replied with laugh.

"I'm sorry for that and I'll never stop feeling sorry for that", Jane replied.

"Hey, we're cool now! Don't worry about it. It was my fault though. I was tactless. You didn't hit me on the head, it was my shoulder, loser!" Oscar replied laughing. "By the way, have you seen Ja---" Oscar was cut off when Richard elbowed him on his waist.

"Hi Jane, Hi Mara! Welcome to our new school!" Richard declared with open arms.

"We're so excited for you, guys!" Mara said hugging Richard.

Jane's eyes were darting here and there, examining the campus. She wasn't sure if she wanted to see Janella or not, but she was curious if her ex-girlfriend was there. It's been a while since she has seen Janella. She missed her. She missed their conversation, their dates, their overnight calls, and most of all her kisses.

Her life changed after that night. The Jane who used to be a happy-go-lucky person started to live a secluded life. At the end of the semester, Jane went back to Nueva Esperanza and didn't come back to the city until enrollment for the new school year. She lost interest in going to parties, and going out with teammates. She regret doing that to Oscar and even regret it most for being the reason she lost the love of her life. Jane spent those two months feeding her broken heart with memories of Janella. She tried to live her life normally without her but only end up missing her. Every place, every instance reminded her of Janella. 

Jane drowned her sorrows in Tequila, drinking alone in her room, raw, without lemon nor salt. She drink Tequila every time she remembers Janella. She allows the sharp taste and the warm feeling of the drink run down her throat. She made huge gulps of it until she dozes off because she was afraid of the pain. The pain felt like real sharp edges of a knife piercing her soul.

Richard and Mara had a plan to get her out of misery by taking her out, but her she is walking around VMSF, looking around for a familiar face which she wasn't sure she wanted to see. All she knew was that her heart longed for her.