Chapter 3

On the North side of San. Diego, there was a restaurant called Dracon Inn, where Kendrick and Luke worked. Twenty minutes of six, when the sun is setting, Kendrick is chopping some onions for the meal when something reminds him of his past.
         It was a memory of when he was little and the day his father took him away from his mom. His mom used to cook for him for their lunch when he asked her why people were crying while cutting some onions. Her mom answers his question with a legend about onions, he was so happy listening to the story her mom told him.
          Until his dad came home. His dad was so angry and a little drunk at that time, that caused a fight and misunderstanding between his mom and dad. While watching them fighting, Kendrick saw when his father slapped his mom forcefully.
          Kendrick accidentally cut his finger while chopping, for he was out of concentration and consideration about his past. His co-worker noticed the cut and exhausted face of Kendrick so he directly approached him. His co-worker told him to rest first so he could work sufficiently later.
          He takes a break and steps out of the restaurant for fresh air, so he decides to go to the market to look for something, where Jake and Percy are heading.   

At that time Jake and Percy are fronting Hope face to face. Hope was confused about how these guys knew her name. But then Percy said something.
          "I'm sorry for what happened to your grandmother," he said.
         "What do you want?" Hope asked with a mood voice.
         "Look Hope, we are not here to look for any troubles, so please lady can you now let go of our clothes?" Jake said
         Lynn looked at Hope to wait for a response, and Hope signaled Lynn to not let them go.
         "No, Lynn will not let you both go until you answer my questions," Hope said. "Now, how'd you two know my name?"
          Percy began to speak about how they knew her, from the attack that happened to their village, and how they reached the town where they saw Hope for the first time.
          After all, the explanations she heard, Hope told Lynn to put them down. Lynn instantly let go of them and startled her arms. Out of curiosity, Lynn asked them.
         "Wait," she said. "You said your village was attacked? By who?"
         Jake and Percy looked at each other.
         "The Queen," Jake said.
         Lynn and Hope looked at each other for a moment after Jake said that.
        "So what you up to?" Jake asked.
        "Why'd you care?" Lynn said with a mood voice.
        Before Jake could say something, Percy grabbed him so they could bid goodbye and ready to leave. While they are walking away from them, Lynn walks away to get back to their horse, but she notices that Hope is still standing there looking at them, she approaches Hope and asks her.
        "Are you okay?" she said.
        "I think they can help us with our plan,"              
        Hope said while looking at Jake and Percy who were heading toward the market.
        Lynn began to think about them.
        "Nope," she said. "They look childish and weak... Do you really want to do that Hope? Cus it seems impossible."
          After she said it, Lynn walked away toward their horse so they could prepare to leave, and Hope instantly followed her.

While looking for some stuff in the market Percy and Jake saw a guy in the distance with two escorts guarding him, Jake asked the vendor who is the man, and it turned out that it was the old captain of the town Diego Marquez.
        The captain began to approach some ladies and began to have a conversation. While chatting the captain began to touch one of the ladies, the girl looked like she was not comfortable about it so she forcefully grabbed the captain's hand out of her.
        The captain got mad at her and slapped the girl painfully, but the people around did not react or do something to help her. Percy remembered the time they first saw Hope, and he did nothing about it. He began to step and decided to help the girl, but before he could take another step, someone blocked him.
        Percy looked at the man and he noticed that it was Kendrick the guy who helped them enter the town.
        "Don't," Kendrick said. "You know the consequences."
        Jake immediately grabbed Percy to stop him.
        The girl looked at the captain with anger in her eyes which made the captain even more infuriated. The captain pulls her hair and pushes her to the guards to bring her to his building.
        Later that night, Hope and Lynn stumbled into the building of the captain and there they saw the guards kick the girl out of the building. Lynn and Hope immediately ran to her, the girl was sobbing and there were bruises all over her body.
        "Are you alright?" Hope said. "What happened?"
         The girl looked at them and cried. They decided to bring her away from this building so they could ask her without anyone could hear.
         "What happened?" Lynn asked. "It's okay you can trust us."
         "Is it the captain?" Hope asked.
         The girl bowed her head and started talking.
         "He, he exploited me," the girl said while bursting into tears. "He always does that to us here, and we have nothing to do about it if we fight back he might kill us."
         Lynn got enough of what she heard and got up from her back and started walking away.
         "Lynn!" Hope said. "Where are you going?"
         "Bring the girl back to her home, I have something to do," Lynn said without facing Hope.
         After a couple of minutes, Hope arrived at the girl's house, her family saw them and instantly ran fast outside their house. Her family hugged her tight and before going back inside they thanked Hope for bringing her back.
         Hope remembered her loving grandma for a moment, she wiped her tears and remembered Lynn.
        Wait... Lynn, wonder what will she do.
        Turns out Lynn came to the captain's building and tried to enter. Luckily there is only one guarding the door.
        "Sorry lady you are not allowed to enter this building," the guard said.
        Lynn put her hands on the guard's face to deceive him. Time the guard is closing his eyes, she pulls her knife and stabs him to death.
        Lynn managed to enter the building and sneak into the room of the captain. Time the captain gets out of the bathroom, he sees Lynn lying in his bed while staring at him.
        "Who, who are you, beautiful lady? And what are you doing here?" the captain said.
        "I'm here to make you soften my king," Lynn said with a flirty tone.
        She pulled the captain into the bed and began to massage him. The captain loves it so he closes his eyes. Lynn finds this opportunity to do her plan, so she whispers in the captain's ear.
         "It's time for you to say goodbye," Lynn said with an aggressive whispery voice.
         The moment the captain opened his eyes, Lynn began to stab him resulting in his death. Before Lynn can go she writes something on a piece of paper and puts it in the captain's dead body. Seconds later someone entered the building, Lynn could hear the loud chatting from downstairs, so she quickly ran out of the room and closed it.
         She realizes that there is no way out besides the front door, and the people are coming upstairs, she also notices that it is the leader of the wardens because of the hat he is wearing.
         Luckily she saw a broom in the corner and got an idea, so she quickly grabbed it ran in front of the door, and knocked as loud as she could.
         "Excuse me, captain, do I need to clean your room?" she said it loud.
         She then opened the door louder, got on her knees, and screamed at the top of her lungs. The people who were coming up the stairs heard it and quickly ran to the room and asked.
         "What is it peasant?!" the guard's leader said.
         Lynn points at the captain who is lying dead in the bed, with a pretend shaking hand.
         All of them directly move toward the dead old captain.
         "You!!" He pointed at Lynn. "Call the guards immediately!!!"
         Lynn quickly got up pretending sobbing and ran outside and tell the guards what happened. As the guards ran inside, she smirked and walked away as if nothing happened.