Chapter 5

In the South, there is a nearby town called Logtuma where a wealthy married couple is having a great feast for dinner. The feast was going great and was fun until one of the couple's maids had a terrible accident. She was serving a costly type of beverage to each person's glass, however, when she served the drink to the wife, the maid accidentally spilled the drink onto the expensive white dress of her boss. Her boss, who is the wife was so angry and embarrassed about what happened, so she got up in anger and slapped the maid so hard, and pulled the maid's hair.
              The maid was sobbing and kept apologizing, everyone did nothing but watch and keep laughing while the furious wife viciously hurt the girl, the husband didn't care what was happening and kept eating. The maid accidentally pushes the wife, and when she realizes what she did, she quickly runs toward her to help her stand up, but the wife pushes her and causes her to fall. Everyone was shocked and others stood up to watch, the wife got up then screamed at her, and grabbed her in the hair to drag her outside where other people chatting. Everyone who is at the table stands up and follows the wife who is dragging the poor maid outside when they are outside she grabs the knife from the table and shouts.
              "EVERYONE!!" she shouted. "SEE THIS GIRL!? THIS GIRL HAD NO RESPECT, A PEASANT!! Do you know what will happen to the girl who disrespects a person who is higher than them?!"
              She then grabbed the maid's beautiful long blonde hair and cut it very short with a knife, which took her a couple of minutes to cut.
            The thing is, the wife was so jealous of the girl, for she was beautiful and had nice hair, and the husband always followed his eyes on her, and every time she passed to the husband, the husband was always out of focus on the topic his wife telling him.
             After the wife cut her hair she ran away, everyone was laughing at her. She ran quickly until she was away from the feast, she then hid in the corner and sobbed sadly.
             After a couple of hours, she began to walk to their home. She was living with her cousin after her parents got killed because of their unpaid debt. After a couple of minutes, she arrived at their house, she saw his cousin sleeping heavily because he was exhausted from work. His cousin is working in mines for gold, however, it's not good, and the owner only pays them a few coins. She did not tell her cousin about what happened earlier and decided to sleep.

Meanwhile, in the woods, Lynn and Hope are hunting for food to eat, while Jake, Percy, and Luke are gathering some wood to start a Fire for Kendrick to cook. After an hour of finding some food, they came back with a large bird. Kendrick began to clean the bird and chop some spices, while Kendrick was chopping, everyone was amazed watching how skilled his hands were in chopping.
             After cooking, they prepare their spot so they can eat properly. While eating Luke asks something.
             "So what's your plan?" he said while eating.
             "I don't know," Lynn said. "You're the one living around this place you should know something."
             Luke smiles at how brave Lynn is.
             "I know something," Kendrick interferes with their conversation. "There is a town nearby, in the southern part, it's called??"
             "Logtuma," Luke said.
             "Sounds like another wealthy town," Jake spoke out.
             Hope looked at Jake and rolled her eyes at him.
            "Yes," Kendrick said. "And I know someone there that could help us, she is a friend of my aunt, her name is Edna."
            As the sun rises, all the people in that town are getting ready for their work and plans. In the mines, the miners are lining up to get into the cave. With their pickaxe, everyone hardly worked to gather some gold and other minerals to get paid at a high cost. While everyone is busy, one of the guys is interrupted by his co-worker.
            "Hey, Ben!" the miner said followed by a push, messing with Ben's blond hair.
            "Hey come on men," Ben said. "Lower your voice, our boss might hear us."
            "Ok OK," his co-worker replied. "So how's you and your cousin?"
            Ben is the cousin of the lady who got embarrassed at the dinner last night.
          "I don't know I haven't talked to her yet," Ben replied. "When I woke up she already left for work, you know, her bosses are so cruel."
          After Ben speaks, their boss arrives inside the cave with a whipping and checks every corner and worker. While looking around, one worker caught his attention, the worker was working gradually and was lazy. The boss approaches the worker and grabs the worker's pickaxe aggressively then throws it on the ground. The worker was shocked and all the miners inside the cave were scared for him.
          "What do you think you're doing?!" the boss shouted at him.
          The worker bows his head and doesn't speak.
          "ANSWER ME!!" the boss shouted.
          The boss grabbed the man's hair and said.
          "Do your work properly if you don't want to be punished," he said, followed by pushing the man's head into the cave wall and he kept moving forward.
          After a couple of hours, the boss calls all the miners to line up outside the cave to give their pay. Everyone was excited about their salary because they needed it for their food and resources.
          The boss was sitting facing the table with the box of small bags of coins. He started to call the names of the workers so they could move forward. Time Ben was called the boss handed the small bag to him and moved aside, Ben walked to the corner and opened the bag. When he opened it he saw that the bag only consisted of twenty coins. That wasn't enough for their needs.
          After he opens the bag, one of his co-workers demands.
          "Excuse me, sir, can you please explain to us why we only got twenty coins after all the hard work we did in the past few days?" he says.
          The boss stops listing and stands up.
          "Are you complaining?" the boss said with a threatening voice. "CAN'T YOU JUST BE THANKFUL THAT YOU HAVE THAT!?"
           The man was scared so he apologized immediately and left. However, inside him, the anger is growing which can make him do something prohibited.
              Just wait, he said to his mind then smirked.