Chapter 9

When Madam Harrison came back from the market, she smelled something burning, she went to the kitchen to check, and there, she saw Grace holding a match, "What are you doing?! Why are you burning something?" She sounds furious.
          "I'm sorry madam, I was just burning the loose thread of my clothes, it kinda annoyed me."
         After that, Mrs. Harrison walks out of the kitchen, Grace immediately cleans the ashes she hid and gives a smirk. Turns out Grace burned the note from the guard about Ben.
         "Hi honey," she greets Mr. Harrison who is having a coffee and listing something on the side of the window, "Hey hun, where have you been?"
         "Oh, I just went to the market to buy something," she replied.
         "So, how's the execution of Sanya's cousin?" he asked.
         "Ohh honey I'm sure he's dead now— Actually, I haven't asked the man I assigned yet, but I have trust in them, I'm sure they've perfectly done it," she sat on the top of the table where her husband is listing.
         "Just don't tell San—" Sanya arrived holding a tray of bread for the coffee. She put the tray on the table, and she saw Mr. Harrison smiling at her.
         "So, Sanya, have you visited your cousin?" she said, then she looked at her husband. Mr. Harrison looked at her, squinting his eyes like he was telling her to stop.
         "Oh I haven't Madam," Sanya says and bows her head.
        "Well, I will not let you visit him for now, Ok? You have worked here... Understood?"
        "Yes madam," Sanya says with a soft voice, she then walks away.
        "It looks like she doesn't care," she said
        "Of course, she doesn't want to cause any trouble... You're the one who wants trouble," he reasoned and mumbles words afterward.
        "What did you say?"
        "What?" he said, acting like he did not say something.
        She then jumps off the table and walks away. "Where are you going?"
        "In the Kitchen!" she says without looking back at him.
        Moments later, Mr. Harrison has to leave, so he looks for his wife to let her know that he is leaving. He found her in the dining room drinking a glass of wine. He told her that he needs to deliver this note for his work. Mrs. Harrison agreed and let him leave, after he left, she smiled and called Sanya.
        "Yes, madam?"
        "I need you to clean this area after that," she says with a strict tone
        "Yes, madam."
        Sanya instantly walks away to get back to her work with her co-workers, "What did she say?" Grace asked.
        "She wants us to clean the dining area,"
        "I have a bad feeling about that,"
        "What? Why?" Sanya asked.
        "I mean the dining area is clean tho and I think she just wants to do bad things again... On you,
        "Stop that nonsense Grace," she replied
        "No... I think Grace was right, ever since she got back from the market she's always calling you— and I mean she's always been jealous of you," the other maid said.
        "You know what, I have a bad and crazy plan for her," Grace says, and others look confused, especially Sanya.
        "Whatever that is, don't do it, u could perish about that," Sanya discourses her, apparently Grace doesn't care, like she did not hear her.
        "Someday," she spoke.
        After their work there, they immediately went to the dining area to clean. They are working peacefully with Mrs. Harrison guarding them, making sure everything is clean. Then, Sanya was minding her work, when Mrs. Harrison shouted at her, "CLEAN FASTER!"
       "Ok, ok," she was scared at her, she then walked around looking at every corner for dust. Mr. Harrison came back and saw them cleaning the dining area.
        "Oh hey, honey you're back, come on, get change and I'll make you tea,"
        They walk slowly behind Sanya, and Mr. Harrison takes off his coat. Sanya stood up and was about to change places to clean, however, Mrs. Harrison pushed her but did not cause her to fall.
        "Come on Honey, don't treat her like that," he said. Mrs. Harrison just smiles at him and they both walk out of the dining area.
        "Sanya, are you okay?"
        "Yes, I'm fine,"
        "Oh, she's furious."

"We told you to stay here, why'd you leave?!" Kendrick scolded him.
        "Luckily we came just in time," Luke adds.
        Lynn stood up and shouted, "So, this is him!"      
        "Hey... Do I— owe you my life too?"   
        "Actually, she went missing, so—," Jake stopped when Lynn raised an eyebrow at him.
        "Kinda!" Lynn said, hand on her hips, putting more weight on her right leg than the other. "So tell me, why'd they sentence you to death?"
        "Look, I just avenged my cousin, after that man tried to do something bad to her."
        "Ok, that's enough, we need to plan our next move before leaving this town," Luke interfered with their conversation.
        "What are you up to??" Ben asked.
        "Nothing,"
        "Then why do you guys journeying? I thought you want to stop the wickedness around the country,"
        "And where did you get that?" Kendrick asked.      
        "I heard Jake and Percy talking about it,"
        "Actually, I don't think we have any plans for that... but... I suggest we have to start a rebellion, I know it sounds impossible... I can feel there is something that can help us," Percy spoke, he is more serious than usual, and everyone was stunned after hearing it but they seem to agree with him.
        "But how? I mean we're just... normal people, with no home, no family," Lynn commented.
        "She's got a point, the one you want to assassinate is not just a normal person... She's a queen and the worst is, she is a witch," Ben added, Percy was speechless, and everyone was silent until Hope declared something. "Unless we have something to make her weak, like enchantment or— weapons, I think she has some weaknesses... If only there was someone that could help us."
        "I think there is nothing like that here, am I right— Ben? Ben, right?" Lynn pointed out.
        "Well, I think there is... There was this dark alley on the West side of the town, and there is some kind of sorceress or enchantress that sells witchcraft, charm, and potions. If you like, I think I can get us there," he proposed. They decided to go there as soon as possible without the guards noticing them. They change in many directions just to avoid the wardens that might be aware of Ben's breakout.
        After many turns and back, they managed to arrive at the dark alleyway, and they parked their horses to the side where they could easily get them. Before they got inside, there was a dirty blurry sign hanging on the wall that says.
        "You need some sorcery."
        The alley was so dark but in the distance, there was a beam of light that was coming from a lamp hanging outside this large gloomy shop. Ben opened the door and triggered the bell that was attached to the entrance. As they get inside, there is no sign of someone, Ben calls for the sorceress but no response, so Jake presses the bell at the top of the table, which was connected to the other bells deep inside the shop.
        Minutes later, the sorceress emerged from a dark corner of the room. She has dusk colored ripped clothes, and she is old looking at her wrinkled face, but looks strong like other grown-ups.
        "Lovely children, I've been waiting for you all," she spoke.
        "How did—" Percy tried to ask.
        "It doesn't matter dear, but for now, I'm here to help you," she interjected.
        "And what can you possibly provide to help us?" Hope questioned.
        "Oh dear, a lot! But, what you need for your plan isn't here,"
        "What?"
        "But I can give you something that might help you all with your travels... Hold on." She went deep inside her shop to find something and left the kids confused. Hope gets tired and puts down her bow at the top of the table, however, Jake leans back at the table and accidentally spills the potion that was seated there, Hope immediately grabs her bow.
       "Jake! What have you done?" Hope growled.
       "What happened?" Lynn asked in a whisper.
       "I didn't know it was there,"
       "He spills the potion on my Bow!" Percy moves to the table to see what potion is. "What is it?" Lynn asked him.
       "I don't know, there's no name or something that is written here— did it change something to your bow Hope?"
       "I don't know— feels like nothing at all," she replied, feeling every area of her bow.
       "You have to be careful Jake, good thing this potion is not destructive." Ben reminded.
       "She's coming!" Kendrick says, while the sorceress slowly emerged from the darkness with something. They instantly hid the potion bottle from her.
       "Sorry if it takes so long, but here it is— are you kids okay? You look anxious... By the way, here it is... oh!" She was handing the object to Hope when she accidentally dropped it on the ground. She was about to pick it up but Hope picked it up first. When Hope hands her the object the sorceress was stunned when she saw Hope's necklace come out from her collared shirt.
       "Are you okay?" Hope asked her.
       "Well; you didn't tell me that one of the enchanted objects you need is with you all along,"
       "Sorry, I don't know what you're talking about," Hope was baffled.
      "That necklace dear, don't tell me you don't know anything about that necklace... Where'd you get it?"
      "It was my grandma's, she gave it to me after she died," she stated.
      "Did she say something about it?" asked the sorceress. Hope thinks deeply for a moment, and afterward, she remembers something. "There is nothing special about it... She just said that this can protect me when I am in trouble," she replied.
      "Well young lady, your grandma is stating the truth... That necklace is the charm of protection, it can protect anyone who wears it; it was like a charm to protect you, to get you out of trouble and negative threats to you." the sorceress described.
      Everyone was amazed, Lynn's blue eyes were wet and shocked opened, shining by the light of the lamp, and her eyebrows were raised in the middle.
      "You have to protect it, secure it all the time... Okay moving on!" she shouts and hands the small glass potion to Percy. "This is a potion that grants you luck! fortune! To any challenges you will encounter, you have to use it wisely," she described, she closes Percy's hand and taps it as she gives it to him.
      "You kids will also be needing a map, you can't just wander around like a lost dog right; this is the map of our whole country, there, you can see all the towns and cities, including the Queen's castle," she points out. "There is also a key... Wait I'll find it," she went to her drawer and took out everything inside.
      As she is looking for the key, Jake notices something shiny hidden behind the vase on the shelf. He reached it and it was small and long cylindrical, almost like a pen. "What's this?" he asked. The sorceress glanced for a second.
      "It's a Rednilyc, a locator... it locates some magical stuff— but it doesn't open, I've tried it many times, and they said it only opens to someone that thing chose. AHA! Here it is."
      "It opened!" Jake gasped.
      The sorceress was startled, she walks slowly toward Jake and examines the Rednilyc. However, when Jake handed it to her, it closed, and when she gave it back to Jake it opened. "That is— amazing, I didn't expect that to happen." she marveled.
      "But what exactly is this?"
      "Rednilyc is a locator, it locates four magical objects that might help you, see this arrow? It points out what direction the object is. This item can only be used by the person this thing chose, and it's you... By the way! here is the Key," she gave the key to Luke. "I gave you this because I know you can protect it... I can see it... Well, this Key unlocks three chests that consist of pieces of an object, I don't know what it looks like, but it can heal."
       "Thank you, this is a big help for us madam sorceress," Percys says.
       "It's nothing, and take care, kids, I know you are all aware of who's the enemy, it's not easy, and that is why you need those things. I apologize, that is all I gave you all, but it can help."

•Rednilyc

•Rednilyc

•The Map/Shape of the Country