Chapter 18

After welcoming the people that night, the old man was app- roached by guards, one of them walked towards him and stood by his side, leaning toward him to say something. The guard whis- pered in his ear, placing his hand on side to cover his mouth. The old man looked at him and walked away for some privacy followed by the guard.
     “Are you sure?” asked the old man followed by a hard cough.
     “Yes, sir,”replied the guard. “We saw him walking outside.”
    “Make—” he stopped and coughed, breathing heavily, his face almost turned red. “Make sure… to bring him to me, ok? Safe… Safely… Immediately. Before it's too late.”
     “Yes, sir!” said the guard and left immediately.

In the middle of the party, everyone is chatting and  sipping from their beverage, instruments never stopped from playing. Jake on other hand, was roaming around, holding the Rednilyc. Suddenly, he stopped after he noticed something.
     When he walked passed, the arrow from the Rednilyc turned, pointing at something at his back. He was confused at first so he walked backward passing a couple of people. Abruptly, the arrow turned when he walked passed, he repeatedly walked forward and backward seeing that the arrow was pointing only in that area. Jake moved closer to them, he noticed that the arrow was pointing at the man beside him, dressed in an elegant suit, slick back dark hair, and holding a cane. Weirdly, the top of the cane looked like a sword handle.
     Jake’s eyes were widened, feeling hopeful and delighted for what he discovered.
     “Hey, need something?” asked the man with his deep voice.
     “Uh nothing.” Jake quickly turned around to find the others.
    Suddenly, the man startled when he heard a voice whisper in his ear. He turned around, however no one was there, as he turned back, it whispered again, but this time, it was a full sentence. “They are here… I have a mission for you,” the whisper echoed on the man's head.
     “My Queen?” asked the man on no one. “Where are you?”
   “Meet me on the second floor and find the purple door,” rep- lied the Witch Queen.
     The man picked up his cane, and looked around before he went to the second floor where the queen asked him to go. When he went up, there were many people in each hallway. On the second floor there are four hallways with a wide room, although the man finds one of the hallways empty, seeing the purple door at the end of it, he brushes his hair back with his hand, placing his cane to his armpit to fix his suit. He breathes deeply, exhaling out of his mouth and proceeds to walk toward the door.
     The door creaked as the man opened it, he stepped inside and saw no one but an empty chair, book shelves full of books and maps, and a table where the queen works. The room is wide and a bit dark and only  lamps hanging on the corner that lights up the place. He closed the door and stopped for a moment to fix his suit. “I can't wait to see what they are planning tonight,” said the Queen facing at the window holding a glass of wine, looking at the field at the back of the building.
     “My Queen,” replied the man. “I… I didn't know you'd come… You… you should have tell me sooner so I can prepare some- thing—”
    “That doesn't matter,” the Queen said, she turned around and slowly poured the wine at a tall plant that was placed at her side. “I'm here because I need to ask you for a favor that needs to be accomplished.”
     “What do you want me to do?”

“Are you sure you see that right?” asked Hope, sounding angry.
     “Why do you always hate me?” questioned Jake.
     “Umm? Because I don't trust you?”
    “Can you guys stop!” shouted Sanya at them. “Jake, where did you see him?”
     “I saw him… there with those people…”
   They stopped at where Jake saw the man, but unfortunately they did not find him. “Great! Now where is he?” said Hope, annoyed with Jake.
     “Who are you finding dear?” asked the lady who overheard Hope.
     “Uh… I'm sorry, no one madam,” replied Luke and they walked away from the lady. “Hope keep your voice down,” whispered Luke.
     “Yeah! So how can we find him now?” answered Hope.
   “We need to split up. What did he looked like Jake?” Asked Kendrick.
     “His hair was slick at the back… he's wearing an elegant looking suit, and he has cane, that cane I have a feeling that that's the object the rednilyc is pointing at.”
   “Okay let's start finding that guy and… just act normal, we don't want people to suspect us,” said Luke.
     “But where's Lynn?” Asked Sanya, holding her cousin's arm.
   Everyone looked around but Lynn was nowhere to be found. “She's planning,” replied Hope, looking around the room trying to find her.. “Let's leave her to that.”