Lack of Trust and Time to Adjust

(Y/N)'s POV

The team walked out onto the pitch to tumultuous roars and boos. One end of the stadium was solid red and gold; the other, a sea of green and silver. Hermione was in a much better mood by the time we heard "Mount your brooms. On the whistle...three...two...one..."

The whistle sounded, Harry and the others kicked off hard from the frozen ground, keeping track of the players I noticed that the Slytherins were down a Beater and Malfoy as Seeker, I nudged Hermione.

"Potent stuff that Felix" An observation made concrete by Ron making a brilliant save from out of nowhere, and seeing his performance in practice I realised it must have been much more powerful than I thought.

Hermione let out an annoyed noise of frustration, but we cheered along with the others as it happened again...and again...and again. "I need to get me some of that Liquid Luck" I muttered; Hermione scowled at me.

I will say, despite how well the match was going I did miss Lee Jordan on commentary, I looked over and realised it was Zacharias Smith, a Hufflepuff who had taken up the mantle.

He was such a git, he kept making backhanded compliments to the whole team, such as when Ron saved his first shot on the rings. "Weasley saves it, well, he's bound to get lucky sometimes, I suppose..."

With half an hour of the game gone, Gryffindor were leading sixty points to zero, Ron having made some truly spectacular saves, some by the very tips of his gloves, and Ginny having scored four of Gryffindor's six goals.

This effectively stopped Zacharias wondering loudly whether the two Weasleys were only there because Harry liked them, and finally got him to shut his mouth.

It seemed as though Gryffindor could do no wrong. Again, and again they scored, at the other end of the pitch, Ron saved goals with apparent ease.

He was smiling now, and when the crowd greeted a particularly good save with a rousing chorus of the old favourite "Weasley Is Our King,"

"And I think Harper of Slytherin's seen the Snitch!" said Zacharias Smith through his megaphone. "Yes, he's certainly seen something Potter hasn't!" Smith was right.

Doing a double take I noticed he had spotted what Harry had not: The Snitch was speeding along high above them, glinting brightly against the clear blue sky.

Harry accelerated, but Harper was still ahead of him, and Gryffindor was only a hundred points up; my heart sank as Harper got there first...Gryffindor had lost...

Then, in a moment of uncanny luck, he fumbled the Snitch, let it slip through his fingers, and shot right past it. Harry made a great swipe for the tiny, fluttering ball and caught it. "YES!" Harry yelled.

Wheeling around, he hurtled back toward the ground, the Snitch held high in his hand. As the crowd realised what had happened, a great shout went up that almost drowned the sound of the whistle that signalled the end of the game.

Hermione and I of course went to go and congratulate them, as did most of the school, only to see Ginny fly above us, with an almighty crash, she collided with the commentator's podium.

Which was now a wreckage of wood under which Zacharias was feebly stirring; I heard Ginny saying blithely to an irate Professor McGonagall, "Forgot to brake, Professor, sorry." she explained, laughing heartily.

Word spread quickly, "Party up in the common room, Seamus said!" yelled Dean exuberantly. "C'mon, Ginny, Demelza!" Ron and Harry were the last two in the changing room and we all headed to the common room.

Before we got there, Hermione demanded we confronted Harry despite my protests, but knowing her, I might as well be talking to the wall at Diagon Alley. "Can't we just enjoy the party?" she ignored me.