Chapter 6

Calming down Elion sealed the little crack that led him into the new cave section by using his Partitioning ability and the Formability skill. He squeezed a part of his body into the gap and hardened it before splitting it off.

It would not hold for long because of my low level, but it should keep small slimes away. After taking this precautions Elion noticed that his health bar has gotten smaller again. By thinking of his inventory, he opened it before his inner eye. With the next thought he switched to the character section to investigate why his maximum health got reduced:

Name: Elion

Level : 2

Race: Slime

Class: /

Attributes: Constitution 0, Dexterity 0, Intelligence 0, Strength 0, Wisdom 2

Traits:

Absolut Changeability: You can freely reallocate your attribute and skill points.

Skills:

Formability 1: Grants you the power to reshape your body at will, allowing for transformative adaptations and extraordinary physical changes.

Perception 1: Enhances your awareness and ability to discern details, making you adept at detecting hidden objects or uncovering concealed information.

Abilities:

Partition 1: The caster detaches a part of its body lowering his max health.

Consume 1: Disintegrates an item or monster to loot it and get max health and experience points. Consuming a monster, grants the caster a part of its knowledge.

The small slimy body of Elion wiggled with joy as he realized that there was more information through his increased wisdom and perception skill.

With more knowledge about this world and my capabilities it will be easier to adapt to the circumstances.

Inspecting the stats further he noticed that his thoughts had proven right: Elion was indeed a slime. As he focused the information with his inner eye he got even more, like in the tutorial.

Slimes are hostile monsters whose sole purpose is to feast and grow. The seemingly mindless creatures attack everything they can nourish on. Some sources reported that they are controlled by a hivemind and therefore shall not be underestimated.

This explains the voice in my head, Elion thought reading further.

Slimes have no passive health regeneration. They will only get health by using certain items or abilities. Some slime related abilities cost health instead of mana.

It was like Elion had guessed. My health is the resource for my slime abilities. Can this lead to my death? Now he knew why the usage of Separation had costed a portion of his life and he would be more cautious using those abilities.

Skipping his attributes, he investigated his trait - Absolute Changeability.

Freely reassign your attribute and skill points... Can I use this only once or as often as I want?, he thought considering both alternatives: Traits were permanent skills inherent to a character, so it should be unrestricted. However, having complete control over all your attribute and skill points seemed very powerful.

Obtained by choosing no weapon, race or class in the tutorial.

Before the pain had started and they were transmitted into the game only few players had been left in the tutorial area. In addition, most of them already chose a class or weapon and only had to select their race. Thus, this talent must be very rare which would explain the potential power it contained.