Chapter 11

Lunaria was the first to enter the inner valley, the clearing of Galadrima. On their way through the outer forest, they various types of slime, ranging in size from a bowling ball to a small to a small house. The Mud Slimes soiled the ground and hindered their movement with sticky goo while the large stone slimes were resistant to most of their attacks. The earth slime and plant slime also had their own skills and abilities making each fight different. Gazing at the field she raised her eyebrows in surprise.

They reproduce like mice, she thought.

Thousands of malleable fiends rolled around the valley, consuming everything they touched. The sweet smell of flowers was accompanied by a stench from the slime's digestion juices. Seeing the vast number of enemies her mind shifted.

"We should stay together, and breach thought this chaos to report the news about the slime king. Don't underestimate their power; they outnumber us by thousand."

Focusing on Elion, whose green body shimmered in the sunlight, she added:" You will clear up their corpses, so they don't contaminate our fruitful land."

Elion's malleable body morphed into a thumbs-up gesture, eliciting a mixture of awe and disgust from Lunaria.

His adaptability and swift attacks proved invaluable; without him, their chances of survival might have been slim. As she reminisced about his fluid combat maneuvers, she couldn't deny that he seamlessly integrated into their agile and covert fighting strategy.

After two hours of struggling against the overwhelming mass of slimes they reached the defensive wall of Galadrima. Nature has formed thorny vines which were guarded by forest elf archers. Salt covered the area in front of the barrier. Its purpose was to dissolve the remains of the defeated slimes. The battlefield echoed with repugnant gurgling sounds and a sickening stench. Nevertheless, amidst the repulsive atmosphere, the forest elves guarding their home remained steadfast.

"Lunaria! Was your quest successful? Go ahead to the chief," an archer clad in the green of the forest welcomed them.

"Gilrean, we...," Lunaria drew her sword and blocked an arrow directed towards Elion, a silent but clear statement that she accepted him.

"This slime is a companion of mine. He can help us against this thread, and I will bear responsibility for him."

"But the rules state-" Gilrean started, but Lunaria cut his exposition: "The rule exists, because monsters are strong and dangerous. I rather use this power than die in fear and prejudice."

Gilrean's eyes widened at the contradiction, but she was not wrong. With a reluctant nod a small pathway through the barricade gave way to the adventures before growing shut again as they reached the other side. To the amazement of the elves, Elion simply rolled over the salt, undisturbed from its anti-slime effect.

"At least nature is on our side,," Rahul said as they sprinted through the untouched valley. The flowers were blooming in peace, but the absence of animals showed the danger that beckoned this land. Every elf who saw Elion thought at first that the defenses had been breached, but when they realized he was Lunaria's companion, they shook their heads and prayed for nature's forgiveness.

In the heart of Galadrima, nestled amidst the ancient trees that whispered secrets of old, the village chief stood tall, his weathered face a reflection of the burdens he bore.

If it were better days without the daunting quest and the invasion of the slimes Elion might have enjoyed the magical land with its tree village, but he was in deep thought as Lunaria explained the situation.

Gathered within the grand meeting hall, the villagers and adventurers alike cast wary glances at one another, tension thick in the air like the fog that shrouded the forest at dawn. Lunaria had reported their findings at the slime dungeon and the remaining hope dwindled like a burning candle.