The one who's calm before the storm

Chapter 14
Not edited.
Don't forget to vote & comment

Sebastian Sat inside of his truck along with Cambria on his side in front of SiSi's grandmothers house, Placing his iPhone on speaker phone so that Cam could hear what the lawyer, Bernie had to say in regards to Deandre.

"I'm going to be honest with you here Sebastian, it's no point in you both coming down here today especially on a weekend. There is nothing that we can do until Monday" Bernie says in a hushed tone.

"Hmm i figured, do you know what happened? The cops ain't say to much when they picked him up. Just that they had him on tape robbing a store" Sebastian says looking over at Cambria as Bernie talked through the phone.

"Well um, yes he attempted to rob a store with a BB gun but when the cashier pulled his gun from behind the counter, Deandre dropped it and ran out. It's all on camera, face clear as day. I'm working on helping this kid, I'm going to have to play into his life and hopefully the judge gives him a little grace. He said that your girlfriend is his teacher? How's he in school? i could probably use that"

"He's a amazing student, all good grades in my class. I will gather some work and documents from all his teachers who can confirm that and fax it to your office" Cambria cuts in.

"Perfect, i will see you both on Monday. We'll talk soon" Bernie says before hanging up.

"I really hate this for him" cambria says sighing in defeat as she leans back in her seat.

"He gone be straight, Bernie going to look out for him. Don't worry" Sebastian places his hand on Her thigh.

Cambria jumps slightly at the sound of her phone ringing in her back pocket. She shifts a little to grab and pick it up. It was a incoming FaceTime call from her best friend, she  swipes the phone over to answer.

"Hey Best" Cam says looking Monroe who was sporting a mean mug. "ummm what's wrong with you?"

Monroe, calling her best friend at ever slight inconvenience in her life let out a loud sigh.

"Hey Best, and Girl this Nigga really got me fucked up"

"Hold on, let me grab my head phones. I'm with Bash"

Sebastian raises his eyebrow, with a slight chuckle.

" oh I'm sorry, i didnt know. I'll just call you later" Monroe says in shock cutting her eyes at Cam through the phone.

Cam smiles a little before laughing "my bad best"

"Ayo Roe, chill on my homeboy. Always giving my man's a hard time"

"Boy bye, He gives me a hard time" she says rolling her eyes. "Best don't forget to call me back later"

"Okay boo, i love you" after Monroe responds back with "i love you too" she disconnects the call.

" imma go back in a grab SiSi and then all of us can hit up Pizza Cat Max"

"Oweee that sounds good" Cambria perks up rubbing her hands together.

Sebastian laughs before hopping out of his truck with her.

Later that day Phoenix sat in the kitchen of his parents home on his laptop listening to the sounds of ain't gone hurt nobody by brick through the jbl speaker Zane brought their mother a couple christmases ago.

"Baby why don't you get off that laptop and help me move this food" Phoenix Mom Jesse Henderson says setting her oven mitts on the counter top.