Chapter 8

We looked at eachother and ran until we almost fell off a small cliff. The city was levitating.

"What the hell's going on?" Pietro yelled into his earpice.

"Ultron's plan. Now more than ever, move everyone away. Then come kick ass." Stark said.

"We've cleared almost every building. Do a scan for us and see if anyone's left." I said.

I was out of breath, and on the verge of tears. Pietro grabbed my hand and hugged me.

"It's going to be okay." He said softly.

He broke the hug and we held eye contact.

"Let's go find Wan." I said.

I hopped on his back and we got to her and Barton in a few seconds.

Wanda and Pietro hugged, then she asked, "How bad is it?"

I looked at the ground and Pietro answered after a second, "Everyone's at the edge of the city, far as we can tell."

She nodded.

Captain America started speaking on the earpiece, "Stark, you worry about bringing the city back down safely. The rest of us have one job; tear these things apart. You get hurt, hurt them back. You get killed, walk it off." 

"I'm gonna go help people who are still on the ground." Pietro said.

"You'll die jumping down there, who knows how high up we are now?" Wanda said.

"Stark will give me a lift." He said.

"Be safe." I said and hugged him.

Wanda hugged him as well and then a woman came running through the street we were on.

"Take her with you." Barton said.

Pietro picked her up and ran off.

Then a few of robots came flying over and we all had our own ways with them.

I continued with my method of ripping their heads off, while Wanda threw them around, exploding them.

Then came an entire fleet of them, charging at us, flaming. 

Barton grabbed us both and jumped through a nearby window. 

Wanda crawled against a wall and said to herself, "How could I let this happen."

I met with her and we held eachother.

Barton said, "Hey, are you okay?"

"This is all our fault." Wanda began crying.

"Hey, look at me." He said, trying to calm her down. "It's your fault, it's everyone's fault, who cares? Are you up for this? Are you?" She didn't reply. "Look I just need to know because the city's flying. Okay, look, the city is flying, were fighting an army of robots, and I have a bow and arrow. None of this makes sense." 

A hole was shot through the wall and Barton fired back with an arrow. 

"But I'm going back out there cause it's my job. Okay? And I can't do my job and babysit. It doesn't matter what you did or what you were. If you go out there and you fight, and you fight to kill. If you stay in here, you're good. I'll send your brother to come find you. But if you step out that door, you are an Avenger." 

She wiped her tears and calmed her breathing.

He looked at me, "Same goes to you. If you go out there and beat yourself up over the past, that's selfish. And right now, we're fighting to protect Sokovia, so we all need to bring our A game. Okay, good chat."