Chapter 9

I awoke on a bed. It took me a second, but I realized I was on the SHIELD aircraft. Like the major one where all the ships went on. Those ships look like tic tacs compared to this one.

I got up and started looking around for Wanda. I was too drained to run, and I knew Vision had her. After a few minutes, I found a tall man with an eye patch in a large room with lots of controls and computers. 

"Who are you?" I asked.

He walked over and shook my hand. "Call me Fury." 

"Where's my sister?" I asked.

"Chances are she's with the rest of the group. They're in a lounge. I'll radio Stark to come get you." He said.

I nodded and sat down. I held my head and closed my eyes. I heard Fury radio Stark and a few minutes later, there he was.

"Hey, kid." He said.

I opened my eyes and turned around. I got up and walked with him.

"I'm sorry about your brother." He said.

"Me too." I said and sniffled.

"Sorry about Sokovia, too." 

"It wasn't your fault." 

"I know, I just want to apologize." 

"I understand. I just wish you'd apologize for something else." 

"What's that?" 

I stopped walking and looked at him. "My parents' death."

He put his hands up in front of him, mediating. "Woah, I didn't kill anyone." 

"They died in a bombing 12 years ago. I was two. Do you know whose shells they were? Stark Industries." I said.

"Listen, I swear to you, I had nothing to do with that, and I can prove it. Stark Industries used to be a weapon distributer, until I shut it down when I realized people were replicating them and using them for things like the bombings your parents died from. I was kidnapped in Asia and forced to replicate a very deadly one, but I instead made my first suit. That's why I'm Iron Man. To prevent things like your parents' tragedy. I promise, kid, I didn't do anything to hurt your parents or anyone else." He explained.

I took a minute to process that and decide whether to trust him. I decided to.

I continued walking, "Where is my brother's body?" 

"Safe. Wanda was waiting until you woke up to decide whether to bury or cremate him." 

"Right." 

After a few seconds of silence, he inhaled and said, "I'm really sorry you thought I killed your mom and dad." 

"Well there wasn't much else to think."

We arrived at the lounge and I immediately ran and hugged Wanda. It hurt like hell to run in such a state, but it was worth it. 

"You okay?" She asked.

"I'm fine, you?" I replied.

She nodded. We sat down together, holding hands.

"We're headed back to New York. We'll take you anywhere you want to go. There's not much left of Sokovia, but the Stark Relief Foundation is working on it." Captain America said.

Wanda and I gave eachother positive looks.

She said, "New York's great."

He nodded and said, "You both are welcome to rest or go eat or anything you need."