Runaway Royal: Part 4

Luke's POV

I was so stupid to think she could fall for me. Did that kiss mean nothing to her? It meant something for me. I was on my way to Willie's house to pack my bag for home. I can't waste another minute here. Maybe this arranged marriage is for the best. Right now, being around music makes me think about Julie, and right now I don't want to think about her. Especially when I was about to propose to her. I wanted to marry her instead of Carrie but Julie doesn't feel the same way as me. While I was packing, I heard a knock on my door. I opened it and saw the last person I will ever see.

Luke: What are you doing here?

Julie: I want to know about this?

She was holding up the engagement ring in front of me and I was trying to get it back but she snatch it away.

Julie: Luke, tell me the truth. Is this an engagement ring.

Luke: Yeah. I-it is.

Julie: Were you gonna propose to me?

Luke: Yeah.

Julie: I need you to give me the whole story. No lies, okay?

Luke: *nods*

I let her in and explained everything. My parents, the arrange marriage, my life, everything.

Julie: Wow. I can't believe it.

Luke: Yeah.

Julie: So, you left your country to get a break from your parents and you never wanted to be in an arranged marriage in the first place?

Luke: Yeah.

Julie: And you didn't want to leave because of me?

Luke. Yeah. And the moment I first met you, I was in love with you. But I know you don't feel the same w-.

I was interrupted by Julie's lips on mine. I placed my hand on her cheek when I kiss back. She pulled back and smiled at me.

Julie: I don't care if your the prince or not. I care about you and only you. Because I love you.

When she said those words, I couldn't stop blushing and I look up at her smiling.

Luke: I love you too.

Julie: I'm dating a prince. Who knew? *giggle*

Luke: And you will always be my princess.

We smiled again and we leaned for another kiss.

*A few days later*

Me and the boys were minding our own business when we heard the doorbell coming from the front door. Reggie stood up and opened the door and he shouted.

Reggie: Guys!

Luke: What is it, Reg?

I walk up to him and I saw none other than my Father and our Royal adviser Caleb in our front door. I never trusted that guy.

Luke: Father?

Mitch: Hello Lucas.

Luke: What are you doing here?

Mitch: I've come to take you back home.

Luke: What?!

Mitch: You have avoided your duties long enough, son. You must marry duchess Carrie in order for you to become King.

Luke: I told you many times, I want to marry for love not for an arranged marriage. This is why I left, you never listen to what I want.

Mitch: THAT'S ENOUGH, LUCAS!