Chapter 1: Reflections

Later, Big Time Rush are setting up on the big stage. "Check, one, two. Testing, testing..." Kendall taps the microphone. "This doesn't make any sense. We sang like two songs! Doesn't anybody else think it's strange that we're the ones that made it to the finals?" Logan asked. "Very strange," Trixie said. "What are you doing here, Trixie?" "The Great and Powerful Trixie is the most talented girl at Canterlot High. It is I who deserves to be in the finals. And I will not be denied!" On these last two words, she snaps her fingers. One of her members has seized the end of a lever protruding from the floor. One good hard yank opens a large trapdoor under the four, dumping them screaming out of sight. "See you never!" Trixie teased as the trapdoor closed.

"Great, now we're stuck." "Well, since we're here... We should probably reflect on what happened so far," Logan proposed. "That seems philosophical, Logie bear," Kendall said. "I was just suggesting something!" Logan pouts. "No, he's right. How did we even get here anyway?" Carlos scratches his head. "Well... It was a few weeks ago... We were in LA, recording a song for Gustavo," Kendall's voice trailed off as if he was narrating a flashback. That morning, BTR piled into the recording booth of Rocque Records. "Dogs! There you all are. Griffin finally allowed us to make some singles," Gustavo spoke. Big Time Rush cheered. "Gustavo wrote some songs which are on the stand in front of you. Are you ready?" Kelly said. "We're so ready!" The boys first picked up their copies of "Call It Like I See It." Gustavo hits the record button, and BTR sings. "I just call it like I see it, and I'm liking what I'm seeing in you! Ah, yeah! I just call it like I see it, and I'm liking what I'm seeing in you! Ah, yeah!" Logan sang, with Kendall harmonizing.

"Pull up on you, that's an intro! Just can't help it when you look like that! Spinning like a disco, uh, make me want to make a demo track." "Got me feeling like I'm retro, leave your friends in the friend zone, right? You can meet me in the end zone, right? Let's keep it simple, baby!" "I'm too upfront but from this point of view!" "Pretty from the ground up, up!" "Don't wanna say too much, but what you trying to do? Ah, yeah!" "I just call it like I see it, and I'm liking what I'm seeing in you! Ah, yeah! I just call it like I see it, and I'm liking what I'm seeing in you! Ah, yeah!" "Out of this world like satellite, taking me straight to paradise! Got me up in my feels tonight, feels tonight, feels tonight! Out of this world like satellite, taking me straight to paradise, got me up in my feels tonight, feels tonight, feels tonight, yeah!"

"You blow my mind (Woah), this feels like Space X (Space X), defying science (Yeah)! Floating out of this universe (Ha)! Love you like I do it for a living; whenever we're together, it's a given (Whenever)! Never hit the pool but still, you're drippin' (Stupid)! Don't wanna be rude but I just..." "Call it like I see it, and I'm liking what I'm seeing in you! I just call it like I see it, and I'm liking what I'm seeing in you! Ah, yeah!" "Out of this world like satellite, taking me straight to paradise! Got me up in my feels tonight, feels tonight, feels tonight! Out of this world like satellite, taking me straight to paradise, got me up in my feels tonight, feels tonight, feels tonight, yeah!" "Call it like I see it, so you know, oh-oh!" "Come on, ha!" "Ooh yeah, ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh!" The song ends.

"Great job, dogs! Alright, now the next one-" Suddenly, a portal appears in the recording booth. It starts to suck BTR into it. "Help us!!!" They screamed. Kelly opens the booth's door and tries to pull the guys away from its grip. "Gustavo, come on!" "I'm coming, Kelly!" Gustavo runs over and pulls with Kelly. As the boys are just about to get sucked through the portal, Griffin kicks the door open. He sees the chaos that's going on. "Gustavo, Kelly! What's going on?!" Griffin yelled. "The dogs are getting sucked through the portal!" Gustavo yelled back. Then, Gustavo and Kelly's hands slip away. Big Time Rush slips through the portal, and it closes, leaving Gustavo and Kelly to fall on their butts. Griffin blinks. "Did they just go through a portal?" Griffin questioned. Gustavo gets up and holds Griffin by the collar of his shirt. "Why didn't you do anything to help us?!" He yelled. Griffin takes off Gustavo. "You better get that boy band back in this studio..." Then, Griffin leaves. Gustavo sighs. "Kelly, we need to get Big Time Rush back."

Meanwhile, BTR are teleported into the time warp. "Woah!" "Oof!" Kendall lands on a cyberpunk hoverboard. Kendall dusts himself off, then falls off the hoverboard. "What is this place?" James inquired. "I think this is a time warp. This is the place between universes, and you can go anywhere you want," Logan explained. The trio blinked. "Wow." "So, how do we go to another universe?" Logan examines the cyberpunk hoverboards. "These hoverboards. They are the fastest travel method." Then, the group climbed onto the hoverboards and rode through the time warp. It spits them out onto the courtyard of a strange school. Sunset Shimmer, Applejack, Rarity, Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, and Pinkie Pie are waiting at the statue.

Curious, the guys walk over to the girls. "I'm starting to think she's not coming," Rainbow Dash said. Suddenly, Twilight Sparkle and Spike enter through the statue. "Twilight!" The girls cheered. "Oof. I'm back! And I've got some bad news about those new girls..." Twilight said. At a coffee shop, the group is sitting at a table. "Oh, I do hate that you had to return at a time of crisis. There's so much catching up to do!" Rarity said. "For starters, a certain blue-haired guitar player was just askin' about you," Applejack teased. "Flash Sentry was asking about me?! ... Isn't that nice?" "Perhaps you would give us just the slightest bit of gossip from your world?"

"She's got an official title now. The Princess of Friendship!" Spike announced. "Wow, that's really impressive. Guess you really were Princess Celestia's prized pupil." "She's even got her own castle!" Logan's eyes widen. "A castle?! You have your own castle?!? Eh... Ooh, uh, lovely." "What's new here? I mean, besides your school becoming the target of dangerous magical creatures from Equestria?" Twilight inquired. Rainbow Dash pulls out her phone. "Yeah, so, that isn't exactly the only strange thing that's happened since you left." On its screen is a video clip of herself playing guitar and undergoing her half-pony transformation. "Pretty sweet, huh? It happens to all of us when we play."

"Hmm. My crown was returned to Equestria, but some of its magic must have remained here at Canterlot High. Now that we're all back together, we can use that magic on the sirens. Just like when we were able to use it on Sunset Shimmer when she turned into that horrifyingly awful winged monster! No offense," Twilight explained. "None taken. Heh. I'm used to it." "They'll never even know what hit 'em!" "We've got nothin' to worry about now that Twilight's back." "Oh, I'm pretty sure I could find something to worry about. But it won't be the sirens!" "The sooner we do this, the better." "Um, sorry to intrude-" Suddenly, the girls turn to the guys. 

"Woah, who are you guys? Were you listening in on our conversation?!" Rainbow Dash stood up, ready to fight. "Woah, we aren't here to fight you! We're Big Time Rush, a boy band from Minnesota," Kendall explained. Rainbow Dash sits down. "BTR, huh? How come we've never heard about you?" Applejack asked. James shrugs. "I thought we were famous," Carlos stated. "We are famous, Carlos," James remarked. "Anyway... How did you four get here?" Twilight inquired. "Well, we were recording some singles with Gustavo, our manager in LA. Next thing we know, a portal shows up, and now we're here," Kendall described. Twilight's eyes widen. "Los Angeles? But that means... You're from another universe!" "Yeah, pretty much." The girls gasp. 

Present Day. "Crazy, isn't it?" James said. "Yeah, very crazy... Now what?" Kendall replied. "Let's just hope our friends come to bail us out," Logan stated. James tries to bust the door open, but it won't budge. "Don't tire yourself James." "Well if I can't do it... Perhaps Bandana Man and the Supertastic Super Six can break us out!" James spins around quickly, turning into his alter ego, Bandana man. He tries to use his powers to open the door, but it won't. James pouts. "It's not working!" "Just give it up already! There's no way anyone can save us now," Carlos remarked. Kendall watches as his three friends wallow in pity and sorrow, mumbling about missing LA, Gustavo, Kelly, Griffin, Katie, and everything to do with Big Time Rush. 

"Guys, come on... Are you giving up that easily?" Kendall asked. "Yep." James hangs his head low. "James..." "Logan, there has to be a way out of here, right?" Logan shakes his head. "No, Kendall. I've looked everywhere. There's nothing here. All we can do is wait for someone to rescue us." Carlos rams the door with his helmet. "Ow!" "Carlos, are you okay?!" "Yeah, I'm fine." "You know, maybe if you guys powered up with me, we could-" "We're not wearing bandanas!" The three yelled at James. Green energy starts to seep from the guys, rising onto the stage above. James turns back to normal, about to cry. "Well, fine! You know becoming famous was my dream anyway!" "Who cares?! We're stuck down here, and Gustavo and Kelly can't help us!" Big Time Rush starts to argue.