Chapter 3: Elevate

Meanwhile, on stage... The Dazzlings are captivating the audience. "Ah-ha, ah-ah-ah, ah-ah-ah... Ah-ah-ah-ah-ah... Ah-ha, ah-ah-ah, ah-ah-ah... Ah-ah-ah-ah-ah..." "Welcome to the show..." "Ah-ah-ah-ah, ah..." "We're here to let you know..." "Ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah..." "Our time is now..." "Ah-ah-ah-ah, ah!..." "Your time is running out..." "Ah, ah, ah... Ah-ha, ah-ah-ah, ah-ah-ah... Ah-ah-ah-ah-ah..."

On a hill nearby, BTR and The Rainbooms are in their stage clothes. "How are we supposed to play over them from up here?" Rainbow Dash asked. Suddenly, DJ P0N-3 rolls up in a light blue convertible with darker trim and a top-down. Heart-shaped musical notes adorn the door, bright blue lyres mark the hubcaps, and a rearing-pony hood ornament is front and center. DJ P0N-3 produces and clicks a remote to shut off the engine and headlights, but the device triggers many more effects in the bargain. The front bumper flips up to expose an equalizer panel and a row of lights; lava lamps pop out ahead of the front wheels; speakers swing out from both sides and up from the rear end, the latter accompanied by a bank of multicolored laser emitters to add a light show. The whole car ends up mounted on a framework that has folded out from beneath the undercarriage. Sunset smiles at the radical change-up, and the nine performers add their own exclamations of delight.

"Feel the wave of sound, as it crashes down!" Waves of red energy radiate from the Dazzlings and wash over the crowd. "You can't turn away, we'll make you wanna sta-a-a-ay!" The enchantment takes hold; a flash from the pendants, and the three begin to rise off the boards. The gems burn red, throwing rays in all directions. "We will be adored, tell us that you want us! We won't be ignored, it's time for our reward! Now you need us, come and heed us, nothing can stop us now!" They each sprout the same pony ears and hair extensions that previously manifested on the Rainbooms, then return to normal with sparkling wings.

Suddenly, The Rainbooms start to play Elevate by Big Time Rush. The abrupt style change catches the Dazzlings stunned. Adagio grimaces mightily once her eyes are turned toward Aria's pointing finger. "Elevate a little higher! Let's throw a party in the sky and celebrate! Elevate until we fly, yeah! Move, move your feet until you levitate, come on, let's elevate!" BTR sang. Teh audience looks over at BTR and The Rainbooms. "Forget about your day under the milky way, I know a place where we can go!" "No need to be afraid, come on, I'll demonstrate, take you to outer space! Here we go, here we go!" Logan and James sang happily. Then, Twilight, Rainbow Dash, Kendall, and James alternate lyrics. "Oh, oh, oh!" Kendall and James sang. "If you want a party!" Twilight Sparkle and Rainbow Dash sang. "Oh, oh, oh!" "And I know you're down!" "Oh, oh, oh, if you want a party!" "If you want a party!"

The other members join in, except for Sunset. "Elevate a little higher! Let's throw a party in the sky and celebrate! Elevate until we fly, yeah! Move, move your feet until you levitate, come on, let's elevate!" "Elevate!..." "Elevate!..." A burst of white light envelops the group, and one by one, a wave of objects matches the cutie mark of each girl. For Applejack, a red streak appears in her hair. For Rarity, pink/blue streaks in hair. For Fluttershy, streaks of yellow and dark pink as she twirls in place. Rainbow Dash slides forward on her knees to strike a chord. Pinkie has two-tone blue streaks in her hair. Last is Twilight, whose six-pointed pink star snaps to her as streaks of light blue and pink trace down the full length of her hair, and she catches a microphone thrown to her.

Big Time Rush powers up. Their hair is now dyed with red streaks, and their looks are similar to those seen in the modern world. They gain cutie marks with microphones on the sleeves of their blazers. "We're floating in the air, look at the view from here, show you what world you've never seen before!" Carlos sang. "We're dancing in the stars, no matter where we are!" Rarity sang. "Jupiter Boulevard, here we go, here we go!" Then, Twilight, Rainbow Dash, Kendall, and James alternate lyrics. "Oh, oh, oh!" Kendall and James sang. "If you want a party!" Twilight Sparkle and Rainbow Dash sang. "Oh, oh, oh!" "And I know you're down!" "Oh, oh, oh, if you want a party!" "If you want a party!" "Elevate a little higher! Let's throw a party in the sky and celebrate! Elevate until we fly, yeah! Move, move your feet until you levitate, come on, let's elevate!" "Elevate!..." "Elevate!..."

"So the Rainbooms have teamed up with BTR, and they want to turn this into a real Battle of the Bands? Then let's battle!" Adagio yelled. "What we have in store (ah-ah), all we want and more (ah-ah)... We will break on through (ah-ah); now it's time to finish you!" The crowd falls under their influence again. Adagio's eyes burn red. A pulse travels from her pendant to those of Aria and Sonata, the eyes of these two going crimson, and a blast of red/white magic pours outward from the stage to turn the sky a lurid crimson. One by one, each gem sends up an apparition matching the image of the equine/reptilian Sirens in the book Twilight showed her friends before she jumped from Ponyville to Canterlot High. One is yellow, one violet, and one blue—from Adagio, Aria, and Sonata, respectively—each has a gem embedded in its chest. The Rainbooms and BTR stare wide-eyed at this new turn of events, and the three specters rocket out toward the hilltop.

They circle the Rainbooms, looking for an opportunity to strike and forcing all but Pinkie into a tight defensive circle. DJ P0N-3 adjusts a setting on the turntables built into her car's dashboard, Pinkie cranks off a high-speed drum riff, and the speakers throw out a sound wave that scatters the Sirens' avatars. Rarity's fingers race over her keys, sending a blast of lozenge-shaped jewels to disrupt the attackers; Fluttershy adds to the offensive with a tambourine shake that unleashes a torrent of butterflies. Twilight sends out a pulsing voice to the avatars. The entire vicinity shakes in response to her amplified voice, and a rush of white six-pointed stars pours forth. Adagio lets go with an even higher note using her avatar and a wave of red magic that overwhelms Twilight all too quickly. She is slowly pushed back by the counterattack, one platform sole grinding into the dirt, but gets herself stabilized and sends up a glare of the most evident, purest anger. The guys join Twilight. 

All three Dazzlings join forces and voices now, uncorking a full-volume verbal battering through their avatars that pushes the Rainbooms off their feet. The microphone goes flying out of Twilight's hand in slow motion, brushing against one of Pinkie's cymbals as it tumbles past and arcs gracelessly through the air. The same happens to the guys.