Chapter 6: Twilight Goes Home

The next day, at the Canterlot High Statue... The girls are all back in school outfits, including Sunset's original sun-marked shirt. The guys are in casual outfits. "Sure wish you could stay longer," Applejack said. "Me too. But I have responsibilities in Equestria that I have to get back to. Its citizens need me." Pinkie peeks out from behind Twilight. "But I have responsibilities in Equestria that I have to get back to." Unnoticed, the pink goofball turns to the base, pokes at one side to set it rippling and glowing—the portal to Equestria is open—and shoves her whole face through. James pulls Pinkie out. She's dazed and with her hair disheveled. "But now I can go through the portal whenever I need to. This isn't goodbye. It's just goodbye 'til next time." Twilight turns to Spike.

"Ready?" "Ready!" He trots forward and through the portal; the others—including a recovered and cleaned-up Pinkie—wave to Twilight before she steps in a moment later. They turn to the guys. "So, when are you four going home?" Sunset asked. Logan puts his hand behind his neck. "Um... We don't know. I don't think Gustavo and Kelly know how to use a portal, let alone make one," Logan explained sheepishly. Rainbow Dash walks over and wraps her arm around Logan, who blushes. "Well, that's okay. You can hang out with us! I think we should give our band a new name." Applejack raises an eyebrow. "Oh? What's wrong with the Rainbooms?" "Nothing at all. We'll call ourselves... Big Time Rainbooms." Everyone cheers.

Later, Big Time Rainbooms are on stage. The original five Rainbooms and BTR are warming up on their instruments, while off to one side, DJ P0N-3 is readying her turntables. Sunset sits writing in her magic journal. 

Dear Princess Twilight, 

Missing you already, and I hope you'll be back soon. Things are definitely looking up for me here at Canterlot High. But I know I still have a lot to learn about friendship. Hope you don't mind if I write to you for advice when I need it. 

Your friend, Sunset Shimmer.

She closes the book. "You ready or what?" Rainbow Dash asked. "Ready!" Sunset replied. "One, two, three, four!"