Chapter 2: Giving Up?

On stage, Trixie and The Illusions perform under a row of multicolored spotlights. All three have their wizard's hats and Trixie her cape; she does not use her guitar, but the others have their consoles slung up. "Ya better believe, I got tricks up my sleeve! And I captivate, 'cause I'm powerful and grea-ea-eat..." "Oh, whoa, oh-oh-oh-oh...""Ya better believe, I got tricks up my sleeve! And I captivate, 'cause I'm powerful and grea-ea-eat..." "Oh, whoa, oh-oh-oh-oh..." "Ya better believe, I got tricks up my sleeve! And I captivate, 'cause I'm powerful and grea-ea-eat!" Fireworks burst at low altitude overhead to the sound of hearty cheering. The Dazzlings are backstage, tricked out in a new set of outfits for the finals. 

Adagio has a short, pleated purple skirt over a light violet under-skirt; a sleeved purple shawl; a light violet top with the same triangle pattern as her earlier leggings; spiked bracelets in place of her fingerless gloves; same gold belt as before. Aria has gray/white-striped arm warmers, a sleeveless dark purple top with a pattern of white lines, light yellow-green skirt cut high in front to expose white/purple-striped tights. Sonata has a short-sleeved, off-shoulder blouse striped in two shades of magenta; a light blue belt; a short, dark magenta skirt set with the heart and eighth note from her jacket; matching arm warmers and necktie, the latter secured with her pendant. Adagio's face is set in a smirk, Aria's in a scowl, and Sonata's in a big giddy grin. The Illusions walk offstage past them.

"Try to top that!" Trixie teased. "Oh, gosh! I don't know if we can!" Adagio said sarcastically.The Dazzlings laugh. A gesture from the boss hushes them up pronto. BTR's negative energy is seeping through the cracks and forming a foggy layer on the stage. The spectators are bathed in an eerie green glow; up onstage, the Dazzlings emerge from the considerably thickened miasma, their pendants glowing at their throats. They step slowly to stand in line, moving their arms in a sinuous, snakelike fashion and vocalizing a unison line that splits into harmony as their gems pull in the aura surrounding them. 

In the basement of the stage, Kendall has had enough. "Enough!" He yelled. Logan, James, and Carlos stop in their tracks. "I can't believe we're fighting over this. The reason we became Big Time Rush is that we had a dream. We wanted to become famous. Sure, we're a boy band, but inside... We are the four hockey players from Minnesota! Do you three remember what that taught us?" Kendall was giving an inspirational speech, which made the three's eyes sparkle. "They taught us to never give up, no matter what," Carlos stated. "Exactly. Gustavo wouldn't want us to wallow away while The Dazzlings use their magic to make everyone into their puppets. Now, come on! We need to get out of here!" James, Carlos, and Logan nod. The four of them throw themselves against the door, trying to push it open. Suddenly, the door swings open, to find the six women they had met just a few days ago. "There you four are! Are you alright?" Twilight Sparkle asked. "Yes, we're fine," Kendall stated. 

"Sorry we took so long. We tried to figure out how to save you guys," Sunset said. "How come you guys aren't under the sirens' spell?" Logan inquired. "We have the magic of friendship!" Rainbow Dash exclaimed. "Come on, y'all! Time to prove we've still got the magic of friendship inside us!" "And there's only one way to do it!" "Ooh, which version of the counter-spell are we going to play?" "I don't think it matters what song we play, as long as we play it together as friends." Kendall gets an idea. "I know just the song." "We're about to save the world here. Personally, I think we should do it in style. Rarity?" "I thought you'd never ask!" Rarity pulls out a rack of stage clothing for the ten of them.