Rekindle[revised]

"I've assigned you to your mother's old dorm." Weems says as she leads Wednesday and her family down the hall. "Ophelia Hall." Morticia chuckles excitedly. "Refresh my memory. Ophelia's the one who kills herself after being driven mad by her family, correct?" Wednesday asks but is never answered as they finally stop in front of a door. "Should we go meet your new roommate?" The door opens and Morticia gasps. "It's so... vivid." Enid turns and smiles brightly and inhales excitedly. "Howdy, roomie." Wednesday remains emotionless and stares at Enid. "Wednesday, this is Enid Sinclair." Weems introduces.

Enid get closer to Wednesday taking in her look. "Are you feeling okay? You look a little pale." Gomez puts his hand in his daughter's shoulder and speaks for her. "Wednesday always looks half-dead." Enid confusingly nods but continues. "Oh. Welcome to Ophelia Hall." Enid gets closer to hug her but Wednesday backs away. "Not a hugger. Got it. You're the second." Wednesday figures out who Enid is talking about. "Y/N has never been a hugger." Wednesday monotonously says. Enid is confused on how she knows Y/N. Nobody knows where the Hybrid came from cause he never talks. "Please excuse Wednesday. She's allergic to color." Gomez continues. Enid gasps. "Oh, wow. What happens to you?" Flatly Wednesday continues. "I break out into hives and then the flesh peels off my bones."

"Luckily, we've special ordered you a uniform." Weems chuckles. "Enid, please take Wednesday to the registrar's office to pick it up along with her schedule, and give her a tour along the way." Enid pulls Wednesday out of the room and takes her to the registrar's office where Wednesday takes the Nevermore outfit that id now in black and white. "So how do you know Y/N?" Enid questions to bring conversation to the awkward silence. "Y/N's family is a family friend. I've known him since he was 3 and I was 2, he's the only person who will ever be my friend." Enid widens her eye in shock. "So you've heard him talk?"

"Only person other than his parents. He doesn't like to talk at all. He's like me in a few ways." Wednesday exits the dressing room now in the black and white Nevermore uniform. "Now that you're done I can give to the tour." Enid leaves Wednesday out to the courtyard where student hang around. "Nevermore was founded in 1791 to educate people like us. Outcasts, freaks, monsters, fill in your favorite marginalized group here." Enid explains. Wednesday looks around plotting. "You can save the sanitized sales pitch. I don't plan on staying here for long."

"Why not?"

"This was my parents' idea." Wdnesday looks at see her mother smiling or smirking at her. "Oh look, there's my mother smirking at me. They've been looking for any excuse to send me here. It's all a part of their nefarious, yet completely obvious plan."

"What plan?"

"To turn me into a version of themselves."

"In that case, perhaps you can clear something up."

"Rumor's been swirling around that you killed a kid at your old school, and your parents pulled strings to get you off."

"Actually, it was two kids, but who's counting?"

"Apparently you are but who cares."

"You do if your gonna correct me."

Enid and Wednesday have a short stare down before Enid continues. "Welcome to the quad."

"It's a pentagon."

Enid sighs. "The whole snarky Goth girl thing might have worked at normie school, but here things are different. We already have one person for that except he's a guy and doesn't talk. Now let me give you a wiki on Nevermore's social scene."

"I'm not interested in participating in tribal adolescent clichés." Wednesday says as usual. Flatly. "Well, then use it to fill your obviously bottomless pit of disdain. There are many flavors of outcasts here, but the four main cliques are Fangs, Furs, Stoners and Scales. Those are the Fangs, AKA vampires. Some of them have literally been here for decades. That bunch of knuckleheads are Furs, AKA werewolves. Like me!