Secrets

Y/N smirks brightly while he and Wednesday stood in the midst of students waiting for their station head to arrive. He was still smiling as Wednesday accidentally let it slip that he had taken her 'purity' in front of Enid. His sadistic mind was thinking of ways to tease Wednesday while, Wednesday herself was figuratively beating herself up with how she let herself do that. Eugene had asked for a group photo but Wednesday was still in her own thoughts leaving Y/N to motion 'no'.

Finally a woman with light brown hair in a colonist outfit stood at the attention of everyone. "Good morrow, my young Nevermore kin. I am Mistress Arlene. A real OC." That gained confusion to which she remained in character responded. "Original colonist. Now prithee, put your cell phones on vibrate and make haste, for you are about to travel back in time to the year of our Lord 1625, to Jericho’s first pilgrim settlement." Mistress Arlene explains as she shows the Nevermore students the 'assignments'. "Yonder. Behold, the meeting house. Inside is a collection of artifacts related to Jericho’s most beloved and pious founder, Joseph Crackstone. And beyond is our privy, America’s first gender-neutral restroom."

"I haveth a query." The monotone voice gains Mistress Arlene's attention. "Pray, be quick, child."

"In the meeting house, which of Joseph Crackstone’s artifacts are on display?"

"It is truly a treasure trove, including original farm tools, tableware, even the Crackstone family chamber pot."

"Sounds fascinating. I volunteer to work in there."

"Pray, no. That exhibit is being renovated. Today, thou will all be working at the beating heart of Pilgrim World. Ye olde fudgery!" Mixed emotions rained around. "Chocolate yay." Y/N says sarcastically.

“Ye Olde Fudgery!” Eugene gawks at the sight while Wednesday remains stoick. "More like ye olde diabetes in a box." She quips.

"Volunteers, prick up thine ears. Fudge is the lifeblood of our humble community. And samples equal sales, so grab a uniform and a box and make our forefathers proud." Arlene says as she has a tray of Pilgrim costumes in her hand.

"Are these for muzzling tourists?"

Now in costume Wednesday holds a tray in her hands in front of tourists speaking to them. In German.

"Genießen Sie Ihren „authentischen“ Pilgerfondant aus Kakaobohnen, die von den unterdrückten Ureinwohnern des Amazonas beschafft wurden. (Enjoy your “authentic” pilgrim fudge made with cacao beans procured by the oppressed indigenous people of the Amazon.)

"What?" A concerned confused tourist questions as Wednesday continues. "Der gesamte Erlös kommt der Aufrechterhaltung dieser erbärmlichen Schönfärberei der amerikanischen Geschichte zugute. (All proceeds go to uphold this pathetic whitewashing of American history.)"

"Also, fudge wasn’t invented for another 258 years." Y/N comments as he leans on the wall in his costume. "Irgendwelche Abnehmer? (Any takers?) She says holding out the tray of fudge. The tourist scatter around making Y/N smirk. "I'm fascinated with your people skills." He quips as he walks out as well with Wednesday in tow. They come across the boys from the Weathervane putting Eugene in a stock. "Howdy, Pilgrims." Wednesday greets with an evil glint in her eyes as she walks over to the stock and stops them from closing it. "Let him go."

"You want to end up in the stocks too?" One of them threatens. Y/N walks over still looming over the boys in his height. "Want a trip to the hospital or to the morgue, your choice Colonizer." Wednesday threatens the other boys back away leaving the other boy standing his ground. The boy pull Eugene from the stock and pushes him away, swinging at Y/N who dodges with ease and lightly uppercuts him. The boy now stunned is grabbed by Wednesday and shoved into the stock, closing it locking him in. Wednesday looks over to the others. "Are you two still here?"