May 22nd, 1977

Log 1

We've been in the sheds for the last few hours, and we're getting ready to go up the Main Line to see if there are any survivors up there. We decided to go up the Kellstrope first, so we are taking Molly and Edward up with us, hopefully, we'll find someone, I hope anyway.

Log 2

We arrived at the station an hour later, we then saw a big blue engine in the nearby sheds, there were 4 express coaches and, we then a big tender at the back of the locomotive, and it had a number 4 on it. I went to check on his condition, but... we lost Gordon. The left side of his face was gutted off, his eyes were hollow, and he completely had ash marks all over him. I guess he was one of the only engines to be killed by the blast. 

Nearly all of his passengers were dead, but there was one brave soul who survived, Old Bailey

Nearly all of his passengers were dead, but there was one brave soul who survived, Old Bailey. We were surprised to see him alive, we then asked him, how was he alive. He told us everything. Old Bailey was going to see his relatives for the week, he decided to take Gordon to go as the fastest way to get there, but a few seconds after he got in the coaches, the blast happened, and coaches rocked back and forth, the passengers cleared the platform faster than he's ever seen, Gordon raced out of the platform, passing Donald in the process, as he passed the Difficult Bend, as the tourists call it, several ash particles began to crush him to the point he was about to die. He screamed in pain as his passengers began to scream and die as the meteors began to break into the coaches, Old Bailey was beginning to go unconscious, and after a tiny one hit him, he passed out. He could only assume Gordon crashed after reaching the yards. After the quietness died down, he began to regain consciousness, and after a while, he began to survive, he saw several engines pass by, he saw Molly, Edward, Donald, and several others pass by yesterday, and that night Douglas shot past, he was heavily mutated by the explosion and severely dented. He was heading down the same way Molly and the others pass by, but he went down the Kirk Ronan Line, it's uncertain if he was alive. But we decided not to tell Donald for safety, and after that, we decided to head to the station where engines live next, Crovan's Gate. We arrived there a few minutes later, and some of the buildings have been completely decimated by the blast, and no one was in the sheds. Except for the corpse of Winston, who had been killed when a rock smashed on top of the sheds. We then went to see if the little engines were alive, and when we looked in the sheds, we found Sir Handel and Peter Sam, bruised but alive. 

They were glad to see us, I wondered where Duke was, but when I told them that, their faces turns glum

They were glad to see us, I wondered where Duke was, but when I told them that, their faces turns glum. They told us their story after a short second. They were working at one of the stations up the line until the blast hit, they grabbed all the passengers and raced to the station, Duke was heading the opposite way pulling a goods train. Duke then saw them and the ash and raced backward. They arrived at the sheds were sheds where Sir Handel and Petter Sam crashed into them and Duke hid under a nearby one. After the ash died down, it was already nighttime. Sir Handel asked Duke if he was ok, and he was thankful. Then they heard a whistle of a familiar Ivatt Class, and that's when Arthur came into view, but happy soon turned to horror as they soon saw that the entirety of him was infected. He began to climb off the line and begin to attack Duke, he tried to gain a grip but Arthur picked him up and carried him away into the following mist. Sir Handel and Peter Sam were shocked, but they wonder why Arthur didn't notice them first. Then a tank engine came rolling down the line and it was Pug. He saw them and asked them what happened, after they told him, Pug was in a state of quietness for a minute. He was at Ballahoo during the explosion and he raced down the line after the ash began running towards him, he nearly crashed at Norramby but saved himself at the last second. After the blast died, he went down the line to try and find Jinty or anyone else, but he soon knew he couldn't find him because he was taking a train to the mainland a few hours ago, and that's when he found them. After a while, they stayed at the station figuring out a plan, they hid a few times because of the sounds of engines, and Arthur had not returned for a while, and then we arrived to see what is going on there. After hearing the story, we decided to check the works to see if Pug was in there, and he was, and still alive as Sir Handel's story told us. He was happy to see us, but he still wondered what happened to Jinty, after hearing that we were forced to tell him what happened. Pug didn't take the news well and yelled at us telling us we could have done something to save him. But we told him he was with us since day 1, and on day 2 he was a complete idiot, racing to the ash and killing himself, Pug was surprised and mad at Jinty for going in there and killing himself. He was still disappointed he lost him. After a while, we decided to head back up to Tidmouth. We locked the shed for Sir Handel and Peter Sam not to be noticed, and Pug decided to come with us to Tidmouth, where everyone else is. We said our goodbyes to the engines and set off.

Log 3

We soon arrived back at Tidmouth and it was cleaner than ever! As all the sidings were cleared out, the trucks were put into the Tidmouth Station Yards, since pretty much everyone there was dead. Pug reversed into the siding and we went back into the sheds. We planned to do something for tomorrow but I don't know what to do at the moment. We decided to get some rest for a while. I don't know what to do now.