May 24th, 1977

Log 1

We woke up and got ready to head down Thomas's Branch Line. I am worried I may lose my book while we are going to Peel Godred so I'll keep my book at the sheds to keep it safe. I'll write everything I saw when I get back. Now let's go.

Log 2

Dear god, my hand is still shaking, but for you all to know, let me start from the beginning. We left the sheds and went down the line. Henry, Bear, and the twins stayed behind as Bill and Ben were still comprehending their minds and we can't take Henry and Bear as they could die with no jaws and eyes. So we said our goodbyes and we left. We soon arrived at Elsbridge and a few people went up to change the points, and we went down the line. But then my radio began to cut its static, the static was replaced by a voice. The voice was Tim Sutton, Rheneas' driver. I was happy to know he was okay, and so were the engines, he updated us on everything that has happened on the Skarloey Railway while we were gone.

Log 3

A few hours after we left Duncan rolled onto the yards and saw Sir Handel and Peter Sam worried about Duke. Duncan asked if they were alright but they told him they couldn't live without Duke. Then a horn was heard in the distance, that horn belonged to Derek, he was coming back from the mainland and was taking a freight train to the docks. Derek was confused about his surroundings, but then a guard flagged Derek and his crew down. The guard informed them of what happened and they were traumatized. Derek had to find his other diesel friends so they can get off the Island, Sutton also told me Derek was also listening to them, Derek told us if they found any diesels that were alive. We told them that Mavis, Arry, Bert, and Bear were alive and well, but we had to tell him that Salty, BoCo, and Daisy were dead. Derek began to cry that BoCo was gone but was glad that Bear was okay, but he asked where he was. We told him that he was at Tidmouth and they were heading to Ffarquhar to find anyone, but they couldn't take Bear with them. Derek did understand and hoped that they would come back. I turned off the radio, relieved that the little guys and Derek were okay. We then went up the branch line to get Arry and Bert.

Log 4

We got near the Hackenbeck tunnel and we saw Terence's field, dirt was everywhere. We then visited the shed and ran to it to see if he was okay, and when we opened the shed doors, we saw that Terence, was okay, but where do I start on his mutations, the left of his face has a crooked smile, and his right eye was gone. But he was still the same tractor we all know.

We were shocked to see him like this

We were shocked to see him like this. But we're glad he was okay. Terence told us that he was plowing in the field when the explosion occurred, he saw Bertie running down the road and he immediately ran to his shed. He began to get mutated and his right eye exploded, he couldn't do anything but scream in pain. He awoke hours ago and was worried that Bertie might be dead. But we told him Bertie was okay. We told Terence we were heading to Ffarquhar to save Arry and Bert, and whoever else might be there. We closed the doors and I told Terence we would come back for him. We soon continued down the line.

Log 5

We arrived at Ffarquhar and we saw Rosie, dead at the sheds. We soon continued down the line and we got to the quarry, but that was how far the engines could go. So we had to continue the rest of the journey on road. After a few hours, we found 2 low loader trucks in a yard. We took them as they could take Arry and Bert on the trucks and bring them back to the quarry. We left the quarry and we went to the Ironworks. We did soon arrive and it was the same as last time. We got into the sheds and we saw they Arry and Bert were still okay. We began to get Bert ready and we got him onto the loader, but when we got Arry ready, that was a huge mistake, he began to dry up as he ran out of fuel and he began to dent, I ran into the bus that took us here, and prepared for what was about to happen. Arry dented one more time and screamed, and then he exploded with motor pieces flying everywhere.

One of the pieces almost killed me, but I thankfully dodged it

One of the pieces almost killed me, but I thankfully dodged it. Bert fell silent after his brother's explosion. We decided to just leave the Ironworks and let Arry rest in peace. Hopefully, he's in a better place.

Log 6

We soon got back to tell the engines at Arry has died. Molly and the others fell silent after this, and we decided to just head back to the sheds and leave Ffarquhar, we found a nearby flatbed and we used it to take Terence with us. We soon got back to the sheds and everyone reunited. As we were figuring out what to do, we saw Henry shaking and barely breathing. Edward knew what was about to happen. We all knew that Henry was in his final moments. Henry then said "forreff", we were confused, but Donald knew what he meant, he wanted to go to his forest. We took Henry to his forest and we shunted him into a siding. Henry's eyes were filled with water. We all didn't say a word, as we tried to make Henry's final moment peaceful. He then began to cough up his blood, and we knew it was time. I pulled the trigger and shot Henry. Edward immediately began to cry, and the other engines supported him.

 Edward immediately began to cry, and the other engines supported him

Log 7

Edward yelled that enough was enough. We had lost too many engines, Satly, BoCo, Trevor, Gordon, and now Henry is gone. Molly and all the survivors agreed with Edward, we had lost too many engines, and damnit we are not losing anymore. We have a plan to get off of this Island tomorrow, and nothing can stop us.