𝕀'𝕝𝕝 𝕊𝕠𝕣𝕥 𝕀𝕥

༻༺━━━━⁎∗

༻༺━━━━⁎∗.*.∗⁎━━━━༻༺

The next day, we finish our shift again and I get into the car and immediately connect my phone to the Bluetooth and he groans. Again.

"If you hate it so much. Why not permanently disconnect my phone and connect yours instead?" I ask, scrolling through my playlist.

"Because I choose life." He grumbles, turning the car on.

"I'm not that bad." I mutter, finally finding a song.

I click on 'until I found you' by Stephen Sanchez and Em Beihold and the song begins to play through the car.

Matt drives out of the parking spot and towards the hospital which isn't too far away.

"Your off work tomorrow right?" I ask and he glances over at me.

"Yes. Why?" He questions.

"Well if your off then I don't have to take care of Aida by myself, so that means I can drink tonight." I say with a shrug.

"Just don't drink to much. You know what your like. You don't have a filter at the best of times but when your drunk, you become worse and your ready to start a fight with anyone." He replies and I nod my head.

It's true.

The last time I got drunk I ended up in a cat fight with this 40 year old blonde woman because she accidentally spilt her drink on Spencer.

"You've really got the whole dad thing down." I joke followed by a small chuckle.

"Shut up." He mumbles as we pull into the hospital parking lot.

We both get out the car and begin walking through the hospital towards the daycare centre.

"What if she's had so much fun she doesn't want to come back home with us?" I ask, we had the same discussion yesterday, hence the reason his eyes roll the second the words leave my mouth.

"She doesn't get much of a choice Ev." Matt says as we turn round a corner.

"I'm serious Teo. What if she loved it so much today that she just cries when she's with us." I say. Playing with my hands nervously.

"Ev. She loves you. There's no way she's going to change her mind about that. Besides we had this exact conversation yesterday, can we not do it again?"  Matt says seriously.

I know she was fine yesterday but I keep worrying that one day she's going to realise we're just abandoning her and after what the woman said yesterday, the thought is permanently embedded in my brain.

What if she did love it so much and she suddenly hates us now?

Or worse, what if she hated it and she thinks we abandoned her there and now we're the villains to her?