𝔸𝕝𝕞𝕠𝕤𝕥 𝕊𝕒𝕔𝕣𝕚𝕗𝕚𝕔𝕖𝕕

༻༺━━━━⁎∗

༻༺━━━━⁎∗.*.∗⁎━━━━༻༺

The last thing I remember was finally deciding on my plan B. I told Ivan I didn't have one but after I said it, I created one. I didn't want to tell them because I was 99% sure it would just kill me faster, apparently not.

I remember looking down at the lake from the top of the building and the second I let go of the valve, I ran and jumped off the edge as the building blew up behind me. I could feel the heat from the explosion through my clothes and I'm pretty sure the blast actually propelled me further so I didn't miss the water. So I guess that's a plus.

I mean, it's not for the people that worked there.

I couldn't tell them about my plan though, I didn't want to give them false hope but it worked.

Either that or I'm in some weird version of the afterlife considering there's a tube down my throat and medical staff swarmed around me.

That may be my version of hell.

I'm having my worst fear realised right now.

"Miss Fiore? Your at the hospital, we need to remove the tube from down your throat. We'll give you pain killers so it doesn't hurt but it will be uncomfortable, is that okay?" The male doctor asks and I nod my head.

I know the drill, I may have never had a tube down my throat but I'm a paramedic, I've intubated people on a weekly basis for years. I've never extubated them though but I've seen it many times.

The doctor pushes something into the IV I didn't even know I had in my hand and it rushes through my veins like ice for a split second before disappearing.

The nurses walk over to me and begin detach pieces of the ventilator from the machines and then they nod there heads as if to ask me if they can continue and I nod back.

They slowly pull the tube out of my throat and the sensation causes me to cough like I've been a regular smoker for the past fifty years.

Once I've coughed till my hearts content, I intake a large breath and rest my back against the bed.

"Are you okay?" The doctor asks, placing a cup of water on the table infront of me.

"I'd be a lot better if someone told me what the hell happened." I say, my voice sounds so hoarse to the point I sound like elderly man.

He's about to answer me when the door to the room busts open and the guys all rush in. Although they didn't do it single file so now they're all wedged in the fucking door like morons.

"Right, Ivan, you back out first." Eli says, looking at all of them wedged together.

"No I want to get in first." Ivan defends, trying to wriggle through the doorway.

"Okay, fine. Luca you back out." Eli instructs and Luca tries to wiggle his hips but he can't move.

"I'm stuck." Luca says, still wiggling his hips to shimmy out.