𝕎𝕒𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝔼𝕞𝕦

༻༺━━━━⁎∗

༻༺━━━━⁎∗.*.∗⁎━━━━༻༺

"No. I swear to god that duck pushed me!" Ivan exclaims and everyone rolls their eyes.

We've been on this topic for the last hour and no matter how he spins it, the idea is still crazy.

"Ev! Tell them!" Ivan shouts and we all look to Ev who's still sat on my lap, she tried to get off when they all came in and I don't know what possessed me because the idea genuinely made me feel empty. So I pulled her back down and eventually she gave in and didn't try to her back up.

"Hmm?" Ev asks, her eyes so heavy she looks like she could pass out at any given moment.

"About the duck. How that fucking duck pushed me!" Ivan shouts, clearly Everests tired state isn't registering in his head.

"It wasn't a duck Ivan. We've been through this, it was a goose and it didn't push you it grabbed your jacket because you had a sandwich in your pocket and pulled you." She mumbles, her eyes growing heavier to the point they're basically closed.

"A duck is a goose." Ivan defends and we all send him a blank look. "A goose is a just a giant water chicken. Like penguins are snow chickens."

I don't even know what he just said.

I seriously didn't understand a word of that.

"No a duck is a water chicken a goose is a water ostrich." Ev mutters and my brain malfunctions.

She understands what he just said?

"Yes!" Ivan shouts excitedly and Everest winces at the loud noise.

"Wait so, what are swans?" Turner asks.

"Water Emus." Ev grumbles and Ivan agrees with a vigorous head nod.

Ivan looks at the guys and continues his story while I turn to Ev. She looks exhausted.

"Get some sleep." I whisper in her ear and I swear I feel her shiver slightly.

"But the bed is so far." She groans, pointing to the bed that is literally two feet away from us.

"Then I'll fucking carry you but you need to get some sleep." I say and she immediately shakes her head.

"I'll just sleep here." She mutters, resting her head against my shoulder and shutting her eyes.

"Do I not get a say in that?" I ask and she lightly shakes her head.

"If I get up and fall asleep, I'm scared you won't be here when I wake up." She mumbles and I tense completely.