Chapter 11 - Annoying Wipeout

The group go to the familiar hallway, looking at the endless doors in front of them. "They cleaned up everything... Lisa is too fast." Akari declares. "Not too surprised. She's an asshole." Tsunade says. "Just keep the facade up alright? Let's just deal with it." Makoto adds.

The group walk down the hall until they meet a man, waving at them from further away. They walk up to him, curiously. "Hey! Fancy meeting you all here! I'm Clifton Thomas! You may have heard of me before!" He exclaims. "...Who." Junpei says. "Aw fiddlesticks, I guess we'll just have to jump right in!" Clifton exclaims.

"Can we kill him. I need him dead." Akari proclaims. "Hey, we can give him a chance! ...I just didn't think people like this existed though." Watanabe says. "Can we get this over with." Makoto adds. He pushes Clifton out of the way and enters the door. They all pile in, surrounded by a bright light. They're surrounded by what looks to be the inside of a pyramid. A voice speaks to all of them at once.

"Ah, new visitors to play my game! Welcome! Your task is simple, reach the end! This will be a long and arduous journey, but I trust you will succeed. Good Luck." The voice declares. "Well THAT just happened, am I right?" Clifton exclaims. "Please let me kill him." Akari says. "No, sadly." Tsunade adds. In front of them, a normal looking hallway awaits.

"Erm, I'LL be the one to say it then! Who's going first!" Clifton exclaims. "You got it." Makoto retorts. Tsunade tosses a coin into the middle of the room as it bounces off the floor. Suddenly, the floor sinks in and the tile it lands on falls. "I've heard of falling off, but THIS is ridiculous! You saved my life!" Clifton exclaims. Everyone glares at Tsunade, pissed. "I did it for us! C'mon!" She yells.

"I hope you all have good reflexes.  General tip, the arrows are probably poisoned!" Watanabe exclaims, running ahead. "The arrows WHAT!!" Junpei shouts. Watanabe runs across the tiles, dodging the arrows by twisting his body. "Look, there aren't many tiles left. I think this trap is designed to thin out large groups." Akari states. "Then I have an idea." Makoto proclaims. He walks over to a branch sticking out of the walls of the pyramid and snaps it in half.

He uses clears the sand on the ground with his hands before beginning to draw. He makes a large square and turns it into a grid. "This trap is 7 tiles long and 7 wide as well. Even counting the coin Tsunade threw and the steps Watanabe-san made, realistically one of us would be trapped. Not to mention all of the other things that could happen like the arrows giving us less tiles, the arrows in general..." Makoto explains.

"So the only way to get all of us across would be to somehow get across without stepping on the tiles right?"  Tsunade guesses. "That's right, and I have just the plan." Makoto continues. "I mean, what can you do? Float?" Junpei says. "I'll show you. Just trust me, and run across there together." Makoto adds. "Well, leader. Let's put your plan into action." Akari says. Makoto smirks in response.

"Erm, that sounded better in your head, didn't it?" Clifton says. "...Is murder morally correct." Akari asks. "No, but I really wish it was." Junpei adds. Junpei, Tsunade, Clifton and Akari ready themselves to begin running as Makoto stretches a little bit. He reminisces a bit  on Damien's erratic movement during the fight against the Ogre and breaths out in preparation. "Alright.. GO!" Akari yells.

They all blast forward and land on the tiles. As they dash forward dodging the arrows, Makoto runs off of each arrow. He jumps off of each arrows as soon as they're fired, managing to keep up with the group. As the others make it to the other side before Makoto, he jumps off of one last arrow and lands, sliding across the ground. He stops in his tracks. "Alright, got it. C'mon, let's keep going!" Makoto exclaims. Watanabe smiles.

"Not bad, pretty cool." He says. The group continue forward, walking down a slope. Behind them, they hear a loud slam. "Erm, they're right behind me, aren't they?" Clifton proclaims. "I'm going to lose my mind." Akari says. The group slide down until landing onto a lower part of the pyramid. They turn a corner, the boulder close behind. Flame pillars launch from the floor as everyone barely avoid the flames. "I guess you could say that's LIT!" Clifton quips.

"SHUT THE FUCK UP!" All of them scream in distress. They start to feel the entire pyramid shake as the walls start to close. At the end of the hallway, they find a bright light. They run faster, narrowly making it as the walls slam shut. Junpei slides, almost falling off an edge. Tsunade grabs his shirt and pulls him back. "C'mon, you didn't have THAT much momentum." Tsunade says. Below them, lava bubbles for as far as the eye can see.

"Is this.. hell? Or is it apart of a twisted game?" Akari ponders. "It doesn't matter, just keep pushing!" Makoto yells, encouraging everyone to push forward. The group make it past simple obstacles, before eventually reaching a lone door. "Well, our journey is over! Those sure were some fun times we had, right! You could even say they were FIRE, am I right?!" Clifton says, touching the doorknob.

However, the floor opens up and he falls into the lava. "They were right under me... Weren't they..?" He says, before sinking into the lava. The room falls silent. "Holy fucking shit dude, finally." Akari says. "I know right, Goddamn that was annoying." Tsunade adds. "I'll say, that was probably deserved." Watanabe declares. "Now that he's fucking dead, let's get out of here. I don't think I wanna think about this." Makoto proclaims as he opens the door

The group is transported back to the hub. "Ah, back so soon aren't you? I guess you.found the exit early! Where's Clifton?" Lisa asks. "...He fell down some stairs." Junpei proclaims. "And died." Akari adds. "...Finally, holy fuck. Anyway, I have something important for you all. I'll report back in about an hour or two. Be ready."  She replies, walking off. "Alright then, c'mon. Let's go take a stand." Makoto says.

Chapter 11 - The End