Chapter 12 - Looking at the Devil

Makoto and the others start to head back to Dr. Kisaragi's lab. While walking near the schoolhouse, they see two people in bandages walking towards it. The bandaged people walk over, looking extremely tired. "Morina? Saburo? Looks like you're not doing too well." Makoto says. "Well no shit. My sister is dead, and it's because that bastard Nori is a coward!" Saburo yells.

"If I see him again, I'm going to kill him. I promise you all that now." Morina adds. "In any case... I'm glad you both are okay! You did your best during our school breakout." Watanabe says. "I don't.. want to think about it. What are you all doing?" Morina asks. "Long story short, Lisa Wi-" Tsunade starts to speak. "DON'T!" An older voice yells as Dr. Kisaragi bolts from a corner. He goes up to them and mouths something. Akari realizes his warning.

"Lisa has ears everywhere." He warns them. The group nods, following Kisaragi to his home. He closes the door behind them. "What's with the paranoia? This woman can't possibly be that bad." Saburo asks. Everyone looks at Saburo and Morina with pained and saddened expressions, besides Watanabe who looks concerned. Akari turns to them.

"She rules this place with an iron fist. Her words, her voice are all just lies. She doesn't care about the people here, or the lives she takes. We're stepping stones to her. She killed people right in front of our eyes, and we couldn't do anything." Akari explains. "That's why if any of us have to get stronger, it has to be ME. I made a promise, I'm gonna take down Lisa Williams myself." Makoto proclaims.

"We're in a bad situation then... I would help, but helping you means helping HIM. And I'd rather die to the rabid zombies in those halls." Morina exclaims. "Sorry, but I feel the same. I'm gonna kill Nori if it's the last thing I do." Saburo responds. "Makoto, I've briefed you on the risks. This will be permanent unless I figure out a way to change it back. Are you sure." Kisaragi asks. Makoto quickly nods.

"I can't exactly hesitate now, can I? C'mon, let's go crush a dictator." He says. "Hehaha! I like that spirit! Come then, this'll take awhile." Kisaragi responds. The two of them go downstairs. Upstairs, meanwhile, the rest of the group sit down at a table together. "You two were dispatched from the hospital right?" Junpei ponders. "Let me guess, Kenshin? He's awake at least. Last time we saw him, he was devouring the food they gave him. Guess he's recovering fast." Saburo proclaims.

"That's good then, I had a favor I wanted to ask of him!" Tsunade proclaims. "I want him to train me." Akari adds. "We had the same idea then, I swear we always come to the same conclusion.." Junpei declares. "Hey! This was supposed to be my big moment!" Tsunade shouts. "... How can you all be so.. happy? How can you even talk normally when you barely know each other?"
Morina ponders.

"Well... I was always this social, you know? Way back when our life was normal, I could've probably done something with my running.. It's hard though.. I didn't know if I even wanted to be near you all, since I never got to know you guys." Tsunade admits. "Me and Makoto are childhood friends. Makoto was the kind of kid that was scared of heights, bugs, and everything in between. Meanwhile I had to be the smartest. Having a family lineage be all detectives and private investigators isn't easy." Akari says.

"That's a lot of pressure, isn't it?" Watanabe asks. "That's quite the understatement. I thank my parents for the training nowadays, but upholding the image of an intelligent calm and collected detective is exhausting." Akari retorts.

"I'm not that complex. I just don't know what I want to do with my life. I didn't even know if I wanted to go to school that day. Maybe this was a blessing in disguise for me? I know it's an awful thing to say, especially when we've lost so many. But when I was in school, it was genuinely my own hell. There was never a reason to leave, there was never a reason to LIVE. This life is exciting and new and it gives me PURPOSE! But I don't want to stay here. Not for a second longer." Junpei proclaims.

"As your teacher, I just wanted to say I'm proud of you guys. You all had your own fair share of problems, and on top of that you have this world to deal with. And the fact you've only bonded together is amazing. You may think you're just doing this to survive, but survival would be finding an exit by yourself. You want to change this place, and I could never be more proud." Watanabe exclaims. "Losing Kaida means I lost my only reason for existence. I promised her.. I promised her we could escape together.. AND LOOK WHERE THAT GOT HER!" Morina yells.

"Haruna was the only surviving member of my family left. We were a strong duo only because we had each other... and now, I carry all the responsibility. I should've protected her.. I should've crushed Nori the moment he sabotaged us!" Saburo yells. "Speaking of, where is he? We keep forgetting about him, but where the hell?" Junpei asks. "Instead of asking where's Nori, we should be asking where's Arata? That kid shouldn't be alone, but I think at some point he just.. disappeared?" Tsunade questions.

"Well... I guess we just have to pray he's alright." Watanabe says. Elsewhere, Nori walks into a big building, and heads towards the back. Arata follows closely behind, sneaking past security. As Nori walks down the claustrophobic hallway, he finds Lisa walking towards him. "What brings you here? I thought you would be following the others?" Lisa questions. "They've been going somewhere, I'm not sure where but I'll find out." Nori proclaims. "Hm. That's good enough then." Lisa retorts. "So the others aren't there.. What's Nori thinking..?" Arata ponders.

Lisa hears whispering and looks over Nori's shoulders. "Were you followed?" Lisa questions. "I-I don't think so! I would never jeopardize-" Nori exclaims. "Be quiet." Lisa responds. Arata finds a crack in the wall and immediately slips in. Lisa takes a few steps forward, as Arata feel his body shiver. A blade flies through the wall and pierces a nearby rat, before Lisa pulls it out. "I can't stand that scratching. It doesn't matter, soon enough I'll rise above the halls themselves." She proclaims. "You just do your job, Nori. Don't fuck this up. I have to go and test Makoto." Lisa declares. "R-right! Yes ma'am!" Nori exclaims.

Lisa slowly walks away. "Guys.. please be careful.." Arata whispers. Still at Kisaragi's home, Makoto walks out of the basement with the Doctor clutching his eyes. "Are you... alright?" Tsunade ponders. Makoto opens his eyes, seeing the world around him being scanned. "It's like... my brain and eyes are moving faster? Like I can process everything so much faster.. What the hell...?" Makoto says. "That's my technology for you! You'll probably able to keep up with Lisa, if you ever fight her that is." Kisaragi exclaims.

"Yeah! That bitch won't see what hit her!" Junpei yells. Makoto's eyes detect a signature, eyeing on Lisa's location as she rapidly approaches them. "Lisa's on her way here, c'mon we gotta go!" Makoto shouts. "Thank you for your help, Doctor! 'preciate it!" Tsunade exclaims. "No problem, just make sure to take her down and stay alive. That's what I did this all for!" Kisaragi proclaims. The group quickly leaves, meeting up with Lisa. "Hey there, you kids ready?" She asks. "Been ready, miss." Makoto retorts, staring at Lisa's eyes smugly.

She looks back at him, confused. Her mind starts racing with explanations, but ultimately she decides to calm down and ignore it. "I'll be joining you on the little excursion. Come, we start now." Lisa explains.

Chapter 12 - The End.