Lesson 2

Gakushu's Pov

"take off your shirt"

I blinked and looked at him. Take off my shirt? No, I'd rather throw hands, kill someone, or die trying than let this man touch me.
I back off, and glare at him

"Excuse me?"

He looks annoyed, rolls his eyes and says

"You heard me, take it off"

"Sir, i don't think the authorities would be too happy to know that--"

He shook his head aggresively and shot back "number 11, calm down. I just want to check if you're hiding a phone, or something else that violates the guidelines, inside your shirt. What do you take me for?"

I think twice before warily unbuttoning and putting my shirt away for him to check for something "violating".

He looks at me up and down and then shakes off my shirt. A tiny packet of gum fell, I must've forgotten to take it out.

"Smuggling candy is not allowed, since it is your first time I'll let you off with a warning" he handed the shirt back to me.

I quickly put it on, embarassed from this whole experience.

"I'll take you to your room, lights go out at 10:30, you better not be up after that. There's room searches at random hours, if somebody finds you sneaking around doing something you're not supposed to, you'll be give a discipline " Alejandro walks to the staircase, and leads me upstairs. The hall is squeaky clean, atleast it's hygienic..
Theres a huge cross on the door of each room, they look to be the size of a living room. I'm ushered into room FR3, where there are 6 beds all cramped together. There's two mirrors on each side of the room, one tiny desk between each table, a wooden closet in the middle, but it was barely a closet, for space inside it was minimal.

I expected him to introduce me to the children inside, but he never did. He simply told me to go through the rules and ask me the following day if any doubts needed to be cleared, and then he left.

I looked at my room mates, none of them spoke a word, they looked odd. I see a brown haired male in the corner and he slightly smiles at me, but looks away before I can. A black haired child sits on his bed, writing inside a notebook. Maybe he's doing homework? I sat on the bed beside his , and peeked in.

"I will show more growth in the bible study henceforth"
.........

And that's what it said.
All the pages.
Ink stained his white fingers, he looked pained.

"What are you d-" i began.

"Shh." He shushed, without looking. I looked over at the blondie reading study material in the bed beside the black haired guy whos bed had number '13' written on it. Blondie was number 6.
Another bed was occupied by a blue haired figure, who seemed to be asleep, with number '20'.

So far there's brunette, number 14
Blondie, number 6
Black haired dude, 14
And sleeping guy 20.

One bed remained.

It had 25 written on it. It was beside mine.

The bed wasn't made, the desk wasn't organised.

I decided the best course of action would be to use the restroom and try to fall asleep. I couldn't. I'm too far from home, I'm too far from my school, my life, everything I've known. I see the cross and miss my mother, i miss her. I curse my father, for bringing me here. The silence is usually precious, but today it's sickening, it's ringing.