Lesson 9

Karma's POV

Strawberry milk.
I think we can all agree that's what this place is missing the most.

Thankfully, I have someone playing into my hands giving into my desires.

Who really holds the power in such a relationship, is a matter of debate. Is it the teacher having an affair with a student who cannot protest? Or is it the student using it to his advantage?

In my imagination, I hold the power.

I sip the glass as I sit in the bathroom because that's where said teacher said I could finish it, without being caught. It was an old one, up the stairs.

I'm out here minding my own buisness when I hear some unusual shuffling from one cubicle.

Nahh you trippin, I thought this bathroom was hidden?

Meh, no point running, I'll just finish my drink.

Then when I hear the sound of gagging coming through, I realise I'm not the one that needs to run.

"Ren is that you?"

I knocked over the door.

No answer.

"It's me Karma, Number 25."

Nothing!? Aww

"There's no cctv in here, I've checked, come out Ren"

He opened the door and looked at me with blurry eyes.

"The flush is broken" he says, his voice shaking.

YIKES. Someone's unlucky.

"Did you throw up in there?"

He simply nods and looks around for ways to get rid of the mess in the toilet.

Nahh I feel bad for him now.

I investigate the flush for a little while and then realise there's no water in the storage to begin with. I use that random mug in the corner and fill it up as Ren sits on the wet floor rethinking his life decisions.

Aaannnd flush.

It's good and gone!

"There, now stand up you dummy! It's gone." Though, I would do ANYTHING to go against this school, I didn't want to be encouraging his eating disorder either.

I could've let him to deal with it, he'd get punished, but that won't eradicate the cause of the disorder. You cannot wash away waves with fire.

Ren wiped his face and smiled at me weakly.

"Thank you..Karma.." he said. Hey! That's two in a row! Two people to use my real name!

Or is it three?

"You shouldn't be purging, you're already fit, there's nothing too big or small about you because you're healthy" I said that, but I know there was barely any impact by the way he shyly laughed and looked away.

Laughing, someone laughed.

That's rare!

Aand just when I was about to laugh back he quickly lefttt! I don't blame him though, nobody trusts anybody in here, and I don't either. I dispose of the cup in which I was drinking the milk, and walk down the stairs.

In my room, Gakushu is reading the rule book for the 69th time, Isogai is working on homework, Maehara's fullfilling a discipline, and Ren isn't back yet.

I lie down and wish I was somewhere else instead, I wish we could see the stars because I bet there's so many, and I wish we could watch movies that were actually good. But wishes are just dreams that don't come true--

Speaking of dreams, while I'm dreaming off about sonic ninja, a hand rudely wakes me up.

"Eh?"

"Shh" Gakushu says, everyone else is already awake fsr? Ren? Yuma? Hiroto? They're standing around my bed, all looking at each other half excited and half anxious.
Mostly anxious actually.

"We're going downstairs" Gakushuu said as he pointed to the clock sticking 3:33.

That's radical, for someone who reads rule books like it's the law.

Now he's about to break it, cinematic.

"Are you in or not Akabane?"

I think I like this side of him.

A\N: real. How is everyonee and how was everybody's day :D ✨ I think I quite like this chapter despite it being short, idk, PARTICULARly excited for the next one, epic chapter coming up probably around Saturday, so yeah see you then I guess. Lots of love and happiness for YOU 👉
Goodnight 🖤