Chapter seven: "This is calm and it's doctor"

Summary: So, apparently, Emily ain't dead, and the team is in shock. Spencer and reader talk about what they would do if they didn't work at the BAU. Only two weeks 'till the wedding! 

Warnings: Smut, sex in a car, 'cos Spencer is a kinky man who just needed a woman in love with him to show it. Cursing. The usual.  

Word count: 12K 

A/N: Hey!  So, our babies are mad at JJ, and I get it. I would be mad at her too. What do you guys think? 

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

(Y/N)'s point of view

Let's jump forward three and a half months in time and let me tell you how everything changed in the BAU without us even arguing about it. First of all, Hotch had been sent on a special mission to the middle east, and none of us had heard much from him ever since. I knew sometimes Morgan called him 'cos he was the head of the team during that time, but that was it. On the other hand, Seaver left the BAU and joined SSA Andi Swan in the Domestic Trafficking Task Force. I didn't miss her, and I was most of all relieved to have her far away from Spencer. Though in the last few weeks of her work at the BAU, we were finally getting a little better. But no, I always knew we were not going to be friends.

Good news: JJ was back in the BAU, and not as a communication liaison, but as a profiler. I was really excited about that. It was refreshing to have her after losing Emily. We still missed Prentiss very much. Way too much. I knew both me and Spencer had looked for comfort in JJ 'cos it felt she was way stronger than us. Stronger than Garcia, that's for sure. Poor Pen would always end up crying wherever we brought Emily up in any random conversation. JJ always made us feel better whenever we felt sad. She had the perfect way to cheer us up and keep us focused on what mattered.

And at that moment in life, what mattered the most was our wedding. We were three weeks from the date, and all the preparations kept us busy most of our free time. I was doing my best not to turn into a bridezilla, but considering I was under a lot of stress, it was one of the hardest tasks ever.

Penelope and Lu helped big time. They were my bridesmaids, always with me when I needed advice, concentration or just to escape away from the whole wedding preparations for a while. My wedding dress had been already picked and it was hidden in Lu's house to keep it away from Spencer's eyes. Mom had joined us in picking it up, and honestly, it was stressful but rewarding. I tried over twenty different dresses, and at a certain point, I nearly quit and convinced Spencer to get married in the courthouse on a random Wednesday. That was until I found the perfect dress in a small store. It fit like a globe, and it made everybody cry the second they saw me walking out of the dressing room with it.

I missed Prentiss. She would have been the voice of reason between Lu and Garcia. JJ tried to do it, but with a kid at home, she didn't have enough time to do much except be a mom when we weren't at work. Besides, we had been swamped at the BAU, with seventeen cases in fourteen weeks, it had been crazy. I was looking forward to our honeymoon. Two weeks traveling Europe with Spencer seemed to be the perfect getaway from everything that had been going on in the latest months.

Things were relatively calm. Until hell was unchained.

People say when one thing goes wrong, everything else follows. And for once, that was way too real and hard to deal with.

It all started with a call from Penelope to meet in the briefing room one early morning. Neither Spencer nor I ever suspected she and Morgan were actually looking for Ian Doyle behind our backs to avenge Prentiss' death. And I blame the wedding. Spencer and I were so deep into all the arrangements for our day, we missed all the signs. Again, for the second time that very same year.