Chapter ten: "If you walk out on me, I'm walking after you"

Summary: Spencer takes his one chance to win the love of his life back. Will he get her? 

Word count: 8,5K

Warnings: Angst, alcohol, hangover, sadness, more angst, cursing, and fluff. 

A/N: Hey guys!! fair warning: Just two more chapters after this!!!! 

─── ⋅ ∙ ∘ ☽ ༓ ☾ ∘ ⋅ ⋅ ───

(Y/N)'s point of view

My head was killing me. I woke up late and barely had time to shower and do my makeup. Why did I let my mom give me so much alcohol? Who am I kidding? I wanted to get drunk and cry. Now I had to deal with the consequences of my actions.

I didn't set foot in the bullpen. Instead, after I walked out of the elevator I ran to JJ's old office and locked myself in there. The smell of fresh coffee hit me as soon as I closed the door behind my back. I knew I wasn't carrying any coffee, 'cos that morning I was too late for work to make breakfast, so I was also starving.

But as a miracle, there was a fresh cup of coffee, a fruit salad, and an eclair on the desk. So Spencer had been there already. And he was still trying to win me back. Unfortunately for me, that morning it kinda worked. I was too hungry and hung over to reject that treat. And so, I ate everything he left there for me. I was glad he wasn't around, though. I didn't want him to know just how welcome his breakfast was.

- "Good morning"- Spencer stood at the door and stared at me from a safe distance. I barely had time to put the coffee cup down and wipe my mouth from any eclair left- "I'm glad you enjoyed your breakfast."

- "Was from you? I thought I was Penelope's."

I lied and looked at the papers on my desk to avoid eye contact. The few seconds I looked at him had been painful enough. He looked miserable. The dark rings under his eyes were massive and as dark as the days after Tobias Hankel tortured him. It brought miserable memories to see him like that. It also felt like a heartbreaking confirmation of his drug issues.

- "I was wondering if we could talk after work today."- Spencer whispered and stayed still, waiting for my reply. But I didn't say a word. Honestly, I didn't know what to say. Maybe it was time to talk to him and ends things once and for all. Why was I still delaying that conversation? Only because it scared me to death.

- "I was at your mom's last night. I don't know if she told you, or if you heard me."

I wanted to be mad at him, but as I heard his voice I realized more than anger, the feeling that invaded me was heartbreak. I was brokenhearted. And somehow it felt worst. I could deal with my anger, I knew how to manage it and act in control when I was mad. But brokenhearted was new. I had never felt that way before, not like that. Not to the point of feeling my chest ripped open and my heart pulled out from it.

- "Mom mentioned it."- I whispered and glued my eyes to the computer screen. Spencer took a few steps closer to my desk, but still, I refused to turn to him.

- "So, about tonight, I was thinking maybe we can have dinner. We hadn't been to your favorite Italian place in a while."

- "No, thanks."- my reply came out harder than I intended. Maybe because his proximity made me feel even more vulnerable.

- "Chipmunk, please."

- "Good morning."- Morgan's voice interrupted Spencer and stopped me from crying. I looked at the door and he stood there, awkwardly, staring at us trying to read the room. It wasn't hard to decode we were not comfortable.