Chapter eight: "What if I'm someone I don't want around?"

Warning: Angst, sadness, mention of drug issues, swearing, Spencer crying and reader is brokenhearted. Sorry.

Summary: A few days before the wedding, reader discovers something Spencer had been hiding from her. And she doesn't feel like she can trust him again.

Word count: 11,9K

A/N: I'm sorry, but you didn't actually think I had forgotten about Spencer's mistake, did you?

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

Spencer's point of view

(Y/N) and I had successfully avoided JJ for an entire week. She had been pretty busy with her profiler course and case rotation. We had been busy freaking out with our wedding. Everything was ready and signed, but somehow our friends and family were making sure to keep up stressed and nervous about every single detail of the big day. Our vacation started in four days, our wedding was in twelve, and I still found it hard to believe (Y/N) actually wanted to marry me. But believe me, I wasn't going to argue with her about it.

- "Just a few more days"- (Y/N) whispered as we held hands in the elevator- "Are you excited about our honeymoon?"

- "I am excited about being married to you, the trip is just a bonus"- she smiled and blushed as the elevator's door opened in the BAU and immediately we were greeted by JJ and Emily's voices as they walked our way.

- "Hotch says he's never seen a rookie profiler analyze and write up cases as well as you."- Prentiss said, clearly to Jennifer.

- "He said that?"- and she acted surprised.

- "Oh shit"- (Y/N) whispered and I held her hand even tighter- "I don't even want her at the wedding anymore."

- "I know, chipmunk."- I started walking faster and dragged (Y/N) with me the second Prentiss and Jennifer showed up by our side.

- "Hey, where have you guys been? I wanted to do brunch this weekend."- JJ said as soon as we bumped into each other in the hall, but I continued walking and simply ignored her, as I heard (Y/N) reply.

- "We had to deal with some stuff about the wedding. Have you seen Garcia?"

- "Uh, she's with Rossi."- Jennifer answered and stayed behind as we ran away from her as fast as possible. No, we weren't being subtle about our anger. But if you asked us back then, we weren't even trying to be.

- "Suddenly, four more days sound like an eternity"- (Y/N) murmured as we left our things at our desks and I simply shook my head.

- "You've got this, chipmunk, trust me. Next Monday we are going to be at home, having coffee on our own."

- "In a week we are going to be picking up your mom and aunt Ethel from the airport"- I chuckled and shook my head- "But I get the point, just a few more days of this."

Yes, we were not acting very maturely, I was aware of that. But we were mad and hurt and neither of us wanted to be the bigger man or woman. You get the point. It didn't help that when we shared the whole story with Frank, Lu, and Mikey, they all supported us. No one should lie to a friend the way JJ lied to us. End of the story.

We had a case

- "I am having a Fellini festival at my house this weekend and I must serve the beautiful food of his country."- Penelope was talking about food with Rossi, but I didn't register much of what was being said around the table. I kept reading the book I had started that morning, doing my best to avoid eye contact with JJ, who sat right across the table from us.