Newborn

It was a calm and peaceful night. The birds were asleep and every other dragon in Pyrriha was fast asleep. But not two dragons. One was about to see her own egg hatch.

"Darklurcker come quick! Our egg is about to hatch!" Brightstar said. She was very excited for her egg to hatch tonight.

"I know." Darklurcker said. He had been through a rough day. He had to fly around Pyrriha delivering stuff all day.

"You should place it out in the moonlight. I want a kid to have some Nightwing powers." Darklurcker said.

Brightstar moved her egg into the moonlight. Tonight, Pyrriha had two full moons out. Darklurcker wanted his kid to have Mind-reading powers and Prophecy-telling powers. Brightstar just wanted her child to be normal.

"I hope it's a female. I really want a female." Brightstar said. "I want her to be very pretty."

"That's a lot to ask for. I want it to be a strong male that could help me." Darklurcker said.

The egg started to wobble and crack. It was time for it to hatch.

"It's happening!" Brightstar said excitedly to see her new baby.

The egg broke up. But Brightstar and Darklurcker didn't see a baby dragon come out of it. Brightstar looked worried for a sec and then a little dragon head popped out of the egg. Brightstar picked up her new baby and held it in the moonlight.

"IT'S A FEMALE!" Brightstar said. She was very excited.

The egg started wobbling again.

"What the?!" Darklurcker said. Darklurcker approached the egg and saw another baby in the egg. The dragon had silver along it's the front of its neck with some black and silver along the back of its neck. The baby dragon looked up at its father. Darklurcker picked up the baby dragon and held it in the air.

"You had twins. This one is a male." Darklurcker said.

"We need names for them. I want to name this one. You can name him and I'll name her." Brightstar said. Brightstar looked at the female baby dragon while Darklurcker looked at his new son.

"Her name is Lightbringer." Brightstar said.

Darklurcker looked at his new son and tried to think of the perfect name for him.

"Your name is Darkness." Darklurcker said.

"That's not a good name for him. He's way cuter than that. You should call him something else." Darklurcker said.

"You said I could name him. And his name is Darkness. You can call him Nightstar but I'm calling him Darkness." Darklurcker said.

The two parents looked at each other. Brightstar nodded and agreed to this.