Friendship isn't everything

Thunderstorm followed Darkness to her new room. She was amazed at how it looked.

"This looks way better than my home." Thunderstorm said.

Darkness looked at her with questions. He wondered what she meant.

"How?" Darkness asked.

"How what?" Thunderstorm said.

"How does it look better than your home?" Darkness said.

"Well. My home did not the best when I was still living there. It was a huge mess and didn't look livable in there." Thunderstorm said.

"Ah. My home is alright. My home looks way better than your parent's home." Darkness said.

"I guess." Thunderstorm said. "I'm going to head to my class. Meet you there Darkness."

"Okay." Darkness said.

Darkness looked around his dorm. He knew he had to go to class but he didn't want Thunderstorm to get lost when finding her dorm. So, he pulled out a paper and wrote, 'Darkness, Lightbringer, and Thunderstorm's dorm on it. And then left his dorm to the outside.

"I enchant this paper to stick itself to the wall in front of me and stay there." Darkness said.

The paper floated to the wall and stuck itself to the wall. Darkness smiled a little bit and headed to class.

He reached his class and saw that a Seawing was teaching it. Darkness sat down near a table next to Lightbringer who was trying to read the minds of her other students to figure out their names. The Seawing stood up as he was going to introduce themself.

"Hello, class. My name is Goldeye. I'll be teaching you about history." Goldeye said.

The entire class said "Hello Mr. Goldeye." in unison. Darkness and Lightbringer looked at it each as everyone else was listening to the teacher.

"Anything happen that made you take so long to get to class?" Lightbringer whispered to Darkness.

"Meet a female Skywing named Thunderstorm and she's going to be in the same dorm as us. She's new to this school and her own parent kicked her out of her home." Darkness whispered back.

"A new dragon to live with us? Awesome. Can't wait to meet her. She sounds interesting." Lightbringer whispered to Darkness.

Thunderstorm walked into the classroom and stood there trying to think about what she had to do. She wasn't sure about this school thing so she didn't know what to do.

"Oh. Looks like we have a new student. Come here and introduce yourself." Goldeye said.

Thunderstorm walked up to Goldeye. Everyone else was looking at her. They all were wondering who this Skywing was. Except for Darkness. He know who she was.

"Hello. My name is Thunderstorm. I'm 8 years old. Umm. I'm friends with Darkness." Thunderstorm said.

Everyone else was whispering to each other about how weird Thunderstorm is. They were questioning why she was friends with that animus dragon.

"Thank you, Thunderstorm. You can sit next to Darkness if you want." Goldeye said.

Thunderstorm walked away from Goldeye and to Darkness. She found a table next to him and sat down near him. Darkness was reading her mind to see anything else about her. But he saw nothing. He couldn't see anything in her mind. Her mind was blank, a mess. She was the first dragon Darkness has meet that he could not read their mind.

After class, it was time to go eat. Darkness, Lightbringer, and Thunderstorm all walked to what Ravenmind called the "Mess Hall" to eat. The trio saw lots of different dragons eating. The three of them got their food and sat down at a free table. They started talking for a while till something happened.