𝟎𝟎𝟑. this was just as hard

˗ˏˋ andrea madden'ˎ˗

A CALL FOR Andrea Madden was sent through the intercoms of the halls two minutes ago. So, rationally, soldier Kishimoto is leading me to the stage out front of the sector where they supposedly present all announcements every week. It's a Sunday, and I believe this day is dedicated to setting the grounds of the week.

What a coincidence for this to lay on such an important day.

"I am sure you're aware of stage etiquette, but Supreme Anderson ordered me to review them on this trip." He reports, walking with a straight face.

"Sure," I reply, not totally paying attention. Could you really blame me though? When walking around such gorgeously royal halls it's quite hard to have a normal conversation.

"He wants you to stand beside Warner," Kenji so obviously points out.

"Okay?" I drag out, confused. "Wasn't that a given?" He looks stressed.

Kenji breaks character. "Kind of...but he wants you to do more–" he stops himself, grimacing.

I snort, more towards amusement. "What? He wants me to snuggle up against him as if he was the love of my life?" I say, completely sarcastically.

"Yes." Kenji says, completely serious.

I stop walking. "You're joking." I said to him. He stops. Turns. Scrunches his eyebrows.

"I am not," he murmurs. "Which is very unfortunate because I love jokes." That's when he cracks a smile.

I shake my head, speed walking to catch up on the lost time. I want to scream and possibly do something dramatic, but I do not have the time. I must follow through, because if I have learned anything from the past day of being here, it is that there is no room for screw ups.

Once I hear Anderson introduce me, I confidently walk out on stage with a warm smile and a wave, topping it off with a smirk as I wrap my arm around a certain boy with green crystal eyes.

Anderson continues declaring to the crowd, who all stand straight faced. They seem so monochrome, and uninterested, but somehow I know it isn't true. I know it is an act because they need to show their desire and loyalty.