𝟎𝟎𝟕. frontlines, don't you ignore me

˗ˏˋ andrea madden'ˎ˗

I WAKE UP to the sound of machines beeping repeatedly in the background. I try moving my fingers first, but the movement aches so I stop. In panic, I raise my arm to make sure I'm not paralyzed before letting out a sigh of relief.

Slowly, I open my eyes. The bright lights hit me first causing me to blink repeatedly to ease the change. Groggily, I rose from the med bed. The memories come rushing back. Juliette. Warner. Guns. Soldiers. A strike to my head.

God, how embarrassing. For a Co-commander I sure do go down quick. I bend my knees to my chest, bringing my hands to my face. I can't believe everything that happened, actually happened. I felt like dumping a bucket of ice cold water on myself and purposely drowning. How could I let Warner follow through with his plans? How did I not notice what he was planning? Where even is–

"You're awake." His annoying, ugly, voice calls out from beside me.

I drop my hands from my eyes immediately, striking a glare at his direction. Warner stands beside my bed, a good five feet away with his stupidly good-looking suit and perfectly styled hair. Oh my god– I need to stop. He did all of this behind my back. He caused this. I can't even look at him.

"I take it you're still upset, then?" He comments idiotically stalking forward.

I scoff, looking directly in front of me. "Upset doesn't even begin to describe what I feel right now." I hear him walk forward, and I assume he is coming closer but when he enters my vision I let out an exhausted sigh. "What exactly do you need? Did you come here to soak up praise? To tell me I should've stayed out of it and I wouldn't be here? To embarrass me further? To0-"

Warner shakes his head, eyes dangerous all of the sudden. "Is it so hard to believe I came here to check on you?"

I stop. My hands dropped from the fist they connected, and my breathing slowed. "Yes, actually." He somehow narrows his eyes deeper. I convinced myself that if they could kill, I'd be torn apart. "If you cared you wouldn't have done what you did."