𝟎𝟏𝟎. kiss me, beneath the milky twilight

happy birthday to my favorite psycho, murderous, you touch her you die book boyfriend <3
in celebration here's a new chapter (kind of short) have fun! (it's nothing cutesy 💔)

happy birthday to my favorite psycho, murderous, you touch her you die book boyfriend <3 in celebration here's a new chapter (kind of short) have fun! (it's nothing cutesy 💔)

˗ˏˋ andrea madden'ˎ˗

MY HEARTBEAT IS the only indication that I am in fact alive and walking toward Adam Kent's bedroom. I carry nothing but thick trousers and layers of tops. If the mission were to fail, I could remove the many I forced on to have different outfits and not have to live in one for a while. A survival tactic I've picked up on from my many birthday hunts over the years.

I do not carry my pager, too afraid it may track my location and give me away to the enemy – to Warner. Adam's page was risky enough, and I just hope Warner hasn't been caught up in what soldiers communicate with each other.

Rounding the final corner, I straighten my back at the sight of the door wide open. My arm hairs stand up, well aware of the fact that that was an odd sight to have. Adam wouldn't have the door wide open any day, much less today. I gripped the holster of my gun, taking slow and sneaky steps.

My back hits the back of the wall next to the door, ears perked, listening for any noise.

"Kent." The familiar voice sends chills down my spine, my eyes widening at his appearance. Fuck, the pager. He must've seen the message and come to check on him. I should've known, should've come quicker instead of delaying it as my overthinking.

Before dwelling on it more, I walk through the door, my gun suddenly being pointed at his head with zero hesitation. It shocks me.

Warners eyes glimmer with amusement before flickering to mine in seconds. Quickly hiding his hurt, he whips out his own gun, the personal engraving of his last name standing out clearly. He aims it at Juliettes head, putting the pieces of the puzzle together.

"You're going to clear out of here," Adam mutters, keeping his stance.

Warner, however, keeps his eyes on me. His eyes close cruelly slow, the same wicked smile from before flashes. Then, he steps away from Juliette, turning his full attention to both of us.