𝟎𝟎𝟗. who's afraid of little old me?

˗ˏˋ andrea madden'ˎ˗

IT'S BEEN TWO weeks since I last spoke to Adam. Two weeks since I last saw Warner verbally torturing Juliette. Two weeks since I've had a conversation with anyone other than Kishimoto – the only soldier willing to accompany me on my patrols.

It seems all the other ones are too preoccupied with whatever orders Warner has thrown at them. They value his commands more than mine, value his authority more. Co-commander my ass, I thought to myself. If I were to instruct any soldier around here they would reply with, "Has commander Warner approved?"

This entire task was a trap, a way to get me away from my home in Europe. Why? No fucking clue. All I knew was that my time here was done and that the escape had to be done soon. Anytime I did have spare time I tried tracking Kent – Adam, but he was always with Warner and Juliette. It was rare to seem him patrolling anything else. It was like Warner had him purposely placed at his disposal.

I wasn't sure if Warner also took notice of their earlier proximity. Wasn't sure if he was oblivious to the fact that there was clearly something going on – the something being what allowed me to know I could trust Adam to help Juliette escape. I knew what I was doing could end in my public execution, yet I did nothing to stop it. A part of me believed Warner wouldn't allow that to happen to me. An even tinier part of me believed that he would help me hide, help me leave this godforsaken sector. That he would send soldiers to retrieve my sister and keep us hidden.

But those feelings and thoughts disintegrated the moment he revealed his true colors.

Earlier this week I had heard of Warner's ways of convincing Juliette to join him. Just this morning I eavesdropped on some soldiers who claimed Juliette had broken through a brick wall with her powers – a clear sign of how destructive she could be if she went against the Reestablishment – and threatened to kill Warner. I would have had no problem with that. This was a clear sign we needed to move faster, and Adam better have pulled his shit together because we were running out of time.

Juliette was powerful, there was no doubt in that, but with all the time she and Warner spent together, I'm not sure how much the brain washing has gotten to her. If he's done anything to make her doubt her ethics and believe the Reestablishment was good. No, she would never think that – not after capturing her for her entire life.