𝟎𝟎𝟒. and how the blood rushed into my cheeks

˗ˏˋ andrea madden'ˎ˗

"THIS FEELS INVASIVE." I protest immediately after entering the recording room.

Anderson left after discussing the options of brainwashing with us. We were ordered in here to watch over our prisoner, but I wanted to stay back and catch up with Cordova. That thought was quickly turned down with Anderson's stern gaze over me.

On our way over, Warner stayed quiet. I wanted to strike up a conversation, but it was hard to think of something when we had such a damaged history. I couldn't bring myself to start small talk. It felt as though if I did, the door to our childhood would burst open and suffocate us.

So I dealt with the silence.

"Then don't feel," He replies. His back is turned, busying himself with the millions of computers in the room. It is super compacted, making it hard to even move. I find a seat beside him, with my own computer in front of me. It was more of a monitor, but I don't care enough to use the correct term.

His voice is dull, and I almost believe it was meant sarcastically. "Super epic advice, chief commander." I hit him back, holding back a cheesy grin.

He doesn't laugh. In fact, he doesn't even look over.

"Wow, try not to smile too much."

"We're five minutes into our first assignment and you cannot even turn on the device, Andrea."

I smile even bigger. "Am I getting on your bad side?" I pout.

"Very soon, you will be, yes." No hesitation. It's insane to me how well spoken he is, in a sense that he rarely ever stops to think on what to reply.

I sigh, dragging my hands to the keyboard to begin logging in. "Do you ever get tired of being an ass crack?" I ponder after bringing up the site for our live cameras.

I hear Warner's breathing hitch.

He stays silent for a millisecond before saying: "A what, crack?" He says it so horrifically. Like it is some type of word banned by the reestablishment, and the punishment would be immediate death. I don't even bother turning to him before letting out a small laugh.