~Prologue ~

The day Calamity Ganon broke free and unleashed terror along Hyrule was the same morning Zelda embarked to Mount Lanayru- her seventeenth birthday.

Link her personal knight accompanied her up to the summit while the rest of her friends remained at the foothill.

Urbosa champion of Vah Naboris remained patiently waiting for the princess's descent hoping her powers had awakened.

Mipha champion of Vah Ruta stood close behind her watching as Link and Zelda finally appeared in distance.

Daruk champion of Vah Rudania had his eyes set on Revali champion of Vah Medoh who watched you with a keen eye.

You stood there dressed in the signature white armor given to all champions.

You were on your hands and knees picking a patch of flowers for Zelda considering how it was her birthday. Feeling like you were being stared at you turned around to lock eyes with the stalking Rito.

"Can I help you Revali?"

"You? The Princess of Asteria help me, the gr-"

" 'The Great Revali!'  Yes, you are the greatest among us all." You mocked his pompous grandeur cutting him off giving a no smile with a dead look in your eyes.

He made a small 'hmph' noise turning away seeing that now Link and Zelda were much closer and made his way to them along with the rest of the champions.

It was no secret that you and Revali get along so well, although butted heads frequently leaving you to have the impression that he hated you.

Pushing your weight onto your knees you pilled all the flowers you gathered into one hand. Looking up you saw Daruk had extended his hand to help you stand.

"Thank you." Taking it you walked past the others to Zelda who had a solemn expression.

"Well? Don't keep us in suspense. How'd everything go up there on the mountain?" Daruk looked at her as she walked to the center of the group.

She shook her head in disappointment. Revali took a step forward questioning her, "So you didn't feel anything? No power at all?" His voice was softer than usual

"I'm sorry, no." she put her head down in shame.

You ducked your head down to where her gaze was. "Huh?" she stumbled back a bit.

"There's no reason to be sorry Princess, you did what you could, we just have to keep trying Mt. Lanyru wasn't your last chance."

"(Y/n)'s right you know, anything can spark your power to seal Ganon, we just have to find that... thing," Urbosa spoke.

"Princess Zelda, this is for you. I know it's not much, but happy birthday." You handed her the flowers you picked.

She took them from your hand wide-eyed, "How-where did you find these?"