Chapter 4: Rito Village & Lovix power

"(Y/n)?" You woke up, peering out to Ryner. He stood in front of you, a bit singed but alright. You reached out and gently gave him a wave.

He smiled back and pulled you out of the bed. You slowly got up with a groan, looking at Link with a frown.

"Let's go to Rito village now, before the sun goes down and it gets too cold." Ryner suggested and both you and Link nodded.

The rest of the horse ride there was surprisingly lovely, there weren't many enemies and the cold air was refreshing. Your white stag slowly trotted towards the stable ahead as you could hear a pleasant song being played. Allowing for Snow to come to a stop you jumped off greeting the owner of the stable, Link followed your actions.

"Hello! I'd like to have put our horses and one stag away in your stable please."

"Sure things Miss, I'll get my assistant to fetch and take care of it."

"Thank you." You paid the innkeeper as Link drew near the music.

"It's lovely." You spoke out loud. Ryner nodded his head in agreement. "I really like the song you're playing Sir."

"Ah thank you kind one. I am devoting my time to practicing songs passed by my teacher. Would you like to hear the one about the fallen hero?"

"We'd love it."

You three listened carefully already knowing the fate Link had ahead of him. But somehow hearing this song felt like a slap in the face. Your eyes shifted over to Link as his lips were slightly pursed, his eyes displaying slight anxiety.

"That was lovely..." Ryner smiled at the bard and placed a hand on you and Link slightly pushing him away so he could regain some composure.

"Thank you, I hope to see you two once more in my travels."

"Likewise." You both parted ways and quickly made your way up the wooden suspended bridge to where Link was.

His movements were a little stiff as you both walked through the small patch of land onto another bridge.

The trip to the Rito village was calm.

The towering Rito Village came clearer into view.

Making your way into the last piece of land connect to the main village the ground began to shake with a tremendous force. Link immediately tensed back up and you and Ryner stay close unsure of what was happening. Suddenly, a ferocious screech of a bird pierced the sky, causing you to cover your ears with your hands.

Wincing at the pain you both looked up to the sky to see a mechanical bird flying through it. Both the noise and shaking stopped letting you uncover your ears.

"Let's go." He spoke waiting for your confirmation

"Right."

You walked up the stairs

Peering into the small rooms and shops as you ascended to the highest floor to see it was yet another room but with a larger Rito compared to the other ones.

Knocking on the wooden frame the Rito motion for you both to enter.

"Hello, I'm Ryner, (Y/n) and this is Link."

"Hello, you must be visitors. Oh...OH! That object on your hip, could it be?" You followed the birds' gaze and saw Link's slate softly illuminating under some of the fabric of his clothes. "Forgive me. Where are my manners? I am Kaneli, elder of the Rito Village. Now then... is that not a Sheikah Slate dangling from your hip?"

Link nodded pulling it off his hip and showing it to the Rito. "Oh my, so it is true! That means you must be a Champion like Master Revali- one of the few able to board Divine Beast Vah Medoh!"