Chapter 11: Reaching out

"It's not fair!" – exclaimed Groose.

"What do you mean not fair?" you squinted your eyes as Groose in front of you was absolutely not satisfied with his sore loss in a game of horse riding.

"You fed your Deer with plenty of apples! Those- those sour tasteless worm things give him plenty of energy I couldn't run away from it!" – Groose tried to reason with you, but obviously you weren't that easy to back down from a fight:

"But there's no rule against feeding your stag or horse with apples, no? Or am I mistaken?" – you calmly phrased your concern, enjoying the sweet victory of seeing a pompadour struggling to counter your arguments.

Some things never changed when you use to have plenty of challenge with Groose back at the Skyloft. He always teases Link at the academy or tries to get you to hang at with  you. In the end he always looses.

"Well... no... But it's because none of us has riper apples like you do!" – the stubborn pompadour was not going to back down either.

"A win is a win, Groose." – you concluded; the corner of your lips slightly curved up as Groose growls:

"Fine! I'll get some apples for my horse then too! But this time, no carrots!"

You sigh, "I don't have time for that now that the game of riding is over. I have work to do and buy my art supplies. See ya later, Groose." you rode off with Snow leaving the ranting how he will do better to beat you next time.

Truth be told, you have to admit, you knew after few months Groose was kinda trying to cheer you up by challenges and all. It was kinda strange you know.

He must have over heard your conversation with you and Purah and all so maybe that's why he was playing silly games with you.

Weird right?

Hell even Peter and Ilia were dumbfounded too.

Groose being friendly to you....was totally unexpected after you broke your ties with Link.

For the past 8 months you were living a peaceful normal life without Link in the village. It was a fresh start living in your own life.

All the villagers were very nice and most of your old neighbors from the centuries helped you earn enough money to build a house for you.

You wonder how did they get you enough money from? You had know idea how. But it feels like angels and Fairy-God- mothers gave you a blessing or something.

The Kids help out as well who were once called the Ordon kids. Life without Link was... a lot to take in to forget him.

A part of you miss him, but you keep on having panic attack and nightmares about him driving his Master-Sword to your heart.

It terrifies you to see him again. And you had Ilia to come and comfort you when you cry.

When you started to forget you ever love him you started to meet someone knew. His name is Jay and you and him hang out a lot for the past few months. He was quite nice and all, he was a busy man and you guys talked  a lot.

You wonder if he really thinks you can be his girlfriend.

But anyways back to the present as you made to the shop to buy new art supplies as the shop owner Sera back the rest of the boxes you bought then you visist Collins dad, Rusel. You have a job to deliver towards the inn as the request from Rusel himself.

"...And you can just take those to the inn! Ilila or Peter's father Robin should be waiting at the entrance for the delivery. If you get there and they're busy-"