Chapter 15: The Hunt

The hunt is on for the Slate. You ask Peter to join in the hunt and travel in the woods  to find Jake's friend who happens to be one of the Yiga Clans.

You and Peter sneaked in the Hideout. You make hand language for Peter to wait for the signal and he understood by ready his bow and arrows.

You gave the signal as Peter shot one but few arrows at them down.

You both head inside until you saw the slate, then you have a slight suspicion that this whole mission was too easy until you heard a battle cry charging forward as you dodge immediately.

It was none other than Jay's buddy.

"I knew you would show up, Demon!" he sneered.

You huff and draw you blade and fought. You dash towards him with one strike and he's down.

"Let go, (Y/n)." Peter rode his horse as you rode you're stag Snow as you both head back home with Link's Slate and head back home.

Until there were more Yiga's  were gonna close off the gate and then you took out your bow and shot multiple arrows at them and then both you and Peter jump across the bridge and escape.

After you got home you send a bird messenger to send back the slate to Hyrule castle so that Zelda can just give it to Link herself.

While that was done you went back doing you work.

Working so hard had kept you busy for a long time, but you coming to realize your plan was starting to backfire on you. With every ailment in Hateno Village cured, the villagers had little need for your services anymore. Money eventually slowed, with only the travelers stopping by as they passed through, but you cared little for money.

What really mattered to you was keeping yourself busy. Because if you were busy, you did not think of the young man that still appeared in your dreams.

You worked yourself to the bone during the day so that you wouldn't think about him, only for his bright blue eyes and smile to appear when she slept at night. As soon as you woke, you jumped into your duties so you had no time to reflect on those dreams. Eventually, you assured yourself, they would go away. You thought half a year would be enough time, but you supposed not.

It had been difficult at first, but especially after the fall of Calamity Ganon. There were celebrations and parades thrown nearly every night in his honor. He was all the villagers could talk about. And you couldn't stand to hear his name without crying, so you remained in your house. Your neighbors asked you she wouldn't join them and you would wave a hand, claiming to be extremely busy. You weren't sure if they could see the tears in your eyes, but eventually they stopped asking.

You had little time to think of him. You had buried any and all things that reminded you of him in a chest in your backyard. You hadn't had the strength to get rid of them completely, but you were getting better, not actually better. But you had a  feeling that you were almost there.

You were finally able to visit the weekend markets again without thinking of him constantly. Which was great, because you had missed Uli's homemade cookies deeply. And she would not let him ruin everything about you life.

After your confrontation on the hills of Hateno, he stayed in town for a few days. He had knocked on your door each day, but you had never answered. Nothing he could have said to you would have made you feel better, anyway. Learning that he had only cared about you because he thought you were someone else had cut deep and that wound was still healing.

That had been the last time you allowed yourself to think about him. Sometimes, the memories would weave their way through your thoughts, and you pressed them deep into the depths of yourself.