2

"Your Highness, you have a lunch with your parents at Jervois Steakhouse at 12:00. Then a meeting with the Queenstown mayor, followed by a speech at a local university. After that, you have your engagement party at Huka Lodge at 7:00 sharp," Lisa enumerated the Princess' hectic schedule.

Meanwhile, Ryujin was not paying much attention to her assistant. "Lisa, what do you think of this outfit?" The princess asked, busily examining herself in the mirror and critiquing her vibrant colored clothes.

Lisa thought for a moment. "It's magnificent."

"Really? Can you tell me what's magnificent about it, Lisa?"

"It's because you are the one wearing it."

"The queen herself asked me to choose something vibrant for you from a brand with the Royal Warrant. This is the most vibrant option I found in Burberry," Madame Olivia joined the conversation. She was the queen's personal assistant and was there to look after the princess as well.

The princess let out a sigh upon hearing the two assistants in the room. "But it's unattractive, don't you think?" She once again turned around in front of the mirror to assess her appearance. "Hello, pardon me! What do you think of my clothes?" Striking a pose and showing her whisker dimples, the princess sought an honest opinion.

"You are stunning, Your Highness, even compared to these roses," the royal servant quickly answered and left a bouquet of roses on the table.

"Seriously? Can't someone just be honest with me? That's all I'm asking!" The princess blurted out, her shoulders slumping.

"The truth is, yellow color looks lovely on you," Lisa answered straightforwardly, hoping to cheer up the princess.

"Being in the Royal Family is hard. I don't think I've ever had a real honest conversation with anyone in my entire existence," the princess mumbled to herself in disappointment. However, Lisa's sharp ears caught her words.

"Do you want me to find someone who can have an honest conversation with you?" Lisa asked straightforwardly, eliciting a giggle from the charming princess. "How can you bring someone for that, Lisa? Honest conversations come naturally."

"Anyway, what's the deal with this bouquet of roses? It looks simple," Ryujin commented, referring to the flowers she was holding in the newspaper photo. "Is this the same flower arrangement I'm supposed to give to Julia?" She gestured towards the roses that the royal servant had left earlier.

"Yes, Your Highness. However, the one you'll be giving at the engagement party will be freshly picked," Lisa clarified.

"I want the flower arrangement to have a personal touch, reflecting my taste. I don't want to give her something basic."

"I'll add it to today's to-do list while you attend to your schedules," Lisa typed the new task into her iPad.

"No, Lisa. You have to take care of it now while I'm still here so I can provide you with details on how I want the bouquet to look," the princess insisted.

"I'm afraid there isn't enough time, Princess Ryujin," Lisa apologized.

"Lisa, can we pretend, even just for a moment, that I have the tiniest bit of control over my own life? We're not even in the palace. Please, I want you to call for a florist right now," the princess spoke delicately, flashing her charming whisker dimples at her assistant.

"Of course, Your Highness," Lisa bowed as the princess left the room.

"Call Bellerose, the best flower shop in Queenstown," Madame Olivia instructed. "The florists there are acknowledged by the biggest names."