5

Ryujin leaned back on the comfortable sofa, glancing at Julia sitting across from her. Their arranged marriage had brought them together, but they had yet to establish a close bond. Nonetheless, they found themselves in a private room, engaging in a casual conversation after the engagement party.

"How are you adjusting to life here in Queenstown, Julia?" Ryujin inquired, her voice carrying a hint of genuine interest.

Julia paused for a moment, her eyes searching as she carefully chose her words. "It's been a whirlwind, Ryujin. Everything is so different from what I knew in Sydney. But I'm slowly adapting, and there is a certain charm to this city."

Ryujin nodded, her expression sympathetic. "I can imagine. The transition can be overwhelming. There's a sense of unfamiliarity that lingers in the air."

Julia sighed softly, her gaze meeting Ryujin's. "Indeed, it's been challenging. Especially with the preparations for our marriage consuming much of my time. But amidst it all, I hope to carve out moments to truly experience this city and all it has to offer."

Ryujin's eyes sparkled with understanding. "I share the same sentiment. Our lives have been filled with constant activity and obligations. It often feels like we are swept away in a whirlwind, struggling to find a moment of stillness."

Julia nodded in agreement, a hint of weariness in her voice. "There's a delicate balance we must find, Ryujin. We have responsibilities to our families and the people of Westflint."

Ryujin nodded thoughtfully. "Yes, our responsibilities are undeniable. But at the same time, we shouldn't ignore our own desires and happiness. It's important to find a way to fulfill our duties while staying true to ourselves."

Julia's eyes met Ryujin's, and in that brief moment, they both understood the unspoken words between them. There was a shared hesitation, a silent acknowledgment that their hearts were not fully committed to this arranged marriage.

"I believe that true love should be a foundation for any marriage," Julia said softly, her voice filled with sincerity. "We should be able to choose our life partners based on love and compatibility, rather than obligations and expectations."

Ryujin's gaze turned intense, mirroring Julia's sentiments. "Indeed, love should never be forced or confined. It's a delicate matter, one that should be handled with utmost care."

Their words hung in the air, heavy with unspoken thoughts and desires. The realization that they both harbored doubts about the arranged marriage lingered between them, hidden beneath their discreet conversation.

"We must tread cautiously," Ryujin continued, her voice barely above a whisper. "For the sake of our families and the palace, we need to navigate this situation carefully, without causing any disruptions."

Julia nodded, her eyes filled with vulnerability. "Agreed, Ryujin. Let's find strength within ourselves and support each other in this journey."

The room fell into silence, each contemplating the complexities of their situation.

"Westflint comes first. My people needs me." Ryujin concluded.

・゚✧*:・˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚*ੈ✩‧₊˚

Julia quietly excused herself from the private room, leaving Ryujin alone with her thoughts. Moments later, Yuna, the younger Clemonte, entered with a curious expression, sensing the lingering seriousness in the atmosphere.

Yuna glanced around the room, her brows furrowing in concern. "Ryujin Alreisse, why does it feel so heavy in here? What's going on?"

Ryujin took a deep breath, preparing herself for the conversation ahead. "Elysse, I need to talk to you about the arranged marriage between me and Julia. We will... go with it."